DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    This extension appears to be creating a problem with Line of Sight in Unity. Some players were seeing a black screen with only other tokens visible.
    Disabling this extension fixes it for me.
    Just thought I would add this here in case anyone else has this issue.
    That may mean that the size of the overlays is blocking some download. I already reduced the size but who knows

But also make sure that your player actually click on their token the first time they're on the map, otherwise it is normal that the map is black and they just see the other tokens (it could be maybe also due to some update on PF2; as I wrote I would be happy when someone could maintain it because I would not really since I do not play PF2. Also not much time right now)

It is perhaps too small a sample to say the that it was 100% the extension causing the problem, but the LOS got fixed when I disabled it.
    It is not a biggie - I know you don't really support the extension with this ruleset, just thought I would feedback in case anyone else has this issue.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    It is perhaps too small a sample to say the that it was 100% the extension causing the problem, but the LOS got fixed when I disabled it.
    It is not a biggie - I know you don't really support the extension with this ruleset, just thought I would feedback in case anyone else has this issue.
    Thanks, I surely appreciate the report

I had that phenomena, too, but did not nail it down to extension incompatibilities yet. Let's keep an eye on this.

Yup Though I have a similar extension for 3.5e/PF1 which has even more overlays and no reports there; so, if it is this extensions, it might be PF2 specific, though I would spontaneously not know why (because it is image stuff)

Just in case, there are from time to time such reports, also in 5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ing-characters

Maybe there is indeed something related to some extensions out there Does someone of you use a DMSGuild extension?

(It could be well-be that multiple extensions cause that problem, too; such bandwidth thingies are difficult to test)

I just checked, the extension does not need an update as far as I see (it is gladly rather compatible). Maybe I need to reduce the image sizes even further, when it is indeed due to that

The issue they are having in the 5e thread does sound very similar. Turning off the LOS did reveal the map for the player.

I don't run any DMs Guild extensions. The extensions I run are: Ready check, Creature Parser & Proficiency without level.

The player affected in my game does have a slower internet speed.

I'll run the next game without the overlay extension and if it happens again, it will suggest the cause is elsewhere.

I do run DMG extensions, but having that cause LOS problems only for single players points more to an underlying engine (FGU) problem than specific extension problem. There are no LUA errors reported and only part of the actively connected players are affected when it happens.

I don't see "bandwidth" as too relevant here (other than possible FGU bugs), because FGC used slow kb/s connections even over LAN and still worked. I use a 36 mbit upload internet connection here, which I measured to be fully usable by FGU (for single large images). I had this happen when the only connected player was myself via a second instance of FGU running on the same computer (but cloud connection).

It could be the case. It affected just one player for me also.
    Hopefully we will get to the bottom of it soon

Thread Information