5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Earthdawn

Hi to all, just a quick question about how the projecto goes...

I know it's been a while, but I am still working on this. My latest (working) updates include a step lookup table (optimized), exploding dice (yes, ALL of them), Combat Tracker updates, and partially finished Character and NPC sheets.

I originally thought I could utilize some existing code from a previous Earthdawn ruleset, but that hasn't worked out, so I am essentially working from the base CoreRPG code. So it is taking me much longer than I had originally anticipated, but I am still motivated to create this. My sister loves to GM, and she likes the Earthdawn world, but hates having to do the math with the step system, so she agreed to run a game for our group of friends when I finally get this finished.

My wife has graciously agreed to do some graphical work for me on this, so hopefully it will also be very pretty when she is done.

I consider this to still be in super early pre-alpha stages. Once I am satisfied enough with it to feel like it is at least alpha-level, I will post my github for people to try it out. Until then, I hope you will all have patience with me.

Looking forward to it (patiently)! My group is clamoring for me to move our ED game to Fantasy Grounds but, like your sister, I need my automation.

I'm interested in the rule set and willing to play (or GM), schedule permitting. It's been awhile since I've GM'd Earthdawn, but I loved 1e's lore.

Well I will definitely update here and post when I need beta testers, but it's still a little ways off from being actually more useful than the Core Ruleset.

As for the lore, most of the 4th edition lore is very similar to 1e, although I think it has been expanded on significantly. They just published a new book last year called Empty Thrones. I managed to get into the kickstarter for it, and it rejuvenated my love for the game.

Thx for the work, and waiting with expectations

I appreciate the support. Progress is being made, even if it's slow.

I can not tell you how much this means to me that your doing this. I sat down to start doing the same and you are already hard at work CaptJack2883!!! If there is anything, absolutely anything at all that you need me and my brother are here for you to help out!!! 2nd edition was our preferred edition but I will do anything to play ED again.

Andimus, I'm glad to hear that you're excited about this. Unfortunately I am still a long ways off from being able to publish anything, but if you're wanting to help me on this, let me know.

Jack

I am like many of the others. I bought ED when it came out, but could never run it (my group just wasn't into it). However, like any good gm, I took ideas from it. I haven't seen the new edition (will look into it) but the idea of playing an adept is still interesting.

Thread Information