DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Minor issues with CoC 7E

[crossposting from CoC sub-forum]

We just played a (second) session in FGU with CoC 7E, it works well. Same with Traveller ruleset.

Issues:
    - Some Modern occupations don't work properly when creating a character (criminal and at least one other, friend mentioned it, don't know the specifics). Some (most?) do.
    - Character sheet can't be widened, so the skill delete buttons are hidden - you can still delete skills by right clicking on one and selecting delete from the context menu.
    - FGU creates additional empty inventory lines when adding items
    - Some weirdness when deleting characters in character sheet notes section, it misses a character when starting to write or something like that, didn't look closer
    - Heading style doesn't do anything in Notes
    - Vehicles are missing, but they were just recently added to FGC so I guess they'll come to FGU sooner or later
    - Own language and Dodge isn't auto-calculated from EDU or DEX, don't know if that's the same in FGC (I mostly GM CoC so don't know)
    - One player got disconnected randomly after GM opened an image
    - When you return to the game after getting booted or quitting, the GM needs to boot your old character/instance from the game, otherwise you can't get back in (handle mismatch or somesuch)

Drop me a note if you want me to troubleshoot any of the above in detail - I was just playing and didn't really do proper testing, so these are just observations.

In general, nothing game-breaking, and it's perfectly playable. Thank you guys, this is looking really good, and can't wait to start using LOS in my own games as soon as Linux version is released!
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 15th, 2020 at 23:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    - Character sheet can't be widened, so the skill delete buttons are hidden - you can still delete skills by right clicking on one and selecting delete from the context menu.
    Same problem here.

coc character sheet.jpeg

Blog Entries
    Im having trouble recreating a couple of these:

Criminal appears to work properly for me.
    Not seeing empty lines in inventory
    Headings are working for me in Notes - are you on Mac or PC?
    Both Own Language and Dodge are auto-updating for me

Character sheet widening does actually allow you to edit those skills but its not the right fix - something else is going fubar here
    Notes is I think a FGU general issue
    Vehicles are coming - they are in FGC
    Handle mismatch is I think a FGU general issue

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im having trouble recreating a couple of these:

Criminal appears to work properly for me.
    Not seeing empty lines in inventory
    Headings are working for me in Notes - are you on Mac or PC?
    Both Own Language and Dodge are auto-updating for me

Character sheet widening does actually allow you to edit those skills but its not the right fix - something else is going fubar here
    Notes is I think a FGU general issue
    Vehicles are coming - they are in FGC
    Handle mismatch is I think a FGU general issue
    I couldn't reproduce the issue my friend had in FGU on PC: when he dragged Criminal to the character sheet, the skill popup didn't appear, and he got error messages. Works for me.

When you add a new item and accept it with ENTER, a new line appears. Perhaps this is intended, but unnecessary and unexpected behavior.

Wasn't clear enough on the heading: I meant Notes tab on char sheet, not Notes on the right side of screen. i don't see any difference between heading and body text in Notes tab on character sheet. Other text formatting works OK.

Hmm, Own Language and Dodge do work, I must have made adjustments somewhere to break that.

Character sheet looks the same as in MDMKnight's screenshot, cut off on the right.

Additional and a pet peeve of mine for years with FG, and confusing as hell for newbies: cursor doesn't appear until you start writing in many places (character sheet name, equipment etc.). To make matters worse, it's inconsistent: on Personal-tab cursor appears on most section, but not on Gender (which actually should say "sex," gender is an American euphemism, but I digress), height or weight - but does appear on Age on the very same row.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the additional info.

Inventory is standard FG behaviour - try tabbing when finishing adding a new item rather than enter
    Notes do not support ANY of the formatting modes ctrl 1 - 6. stringu (the underlined text fields) should i think in many cases be deprecated in favour of formattedtext fields (these support ctrl 1-6) but doing so causes lotso f errors with existing data. I dont see anything changing on this in the short term.
    The fields hanging off the right IS an issue and I can recreate it. Still working on a fix. It doesnt do this in FGC.

Ill look into the cursor thing.
    The rulebook uses Sex so Ill get that updated. I know some players will just mark it as Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The fields hanging off the right IS an issue and I can recreate it. Still working on a fix. It doesnt do this in FGC.
    Thanks.

Ill look into the cursor thing.
    Thanks! It's an FG-wide problem, cursor appears inconsistently in most, if not all, rulesets I've tried.

The rulebook uses Sex so Ill get that updated. I know some players will just mark it as Yes.
    I thought the proper answer is "yes please"

Thread Information