5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Newbies in Lost Mine of Phandelver

1st things first: We're two middle-aged dorks who don't know what we're doing. Let's be clear: GM has practically no RPG experience and 1 PC has no RPG experience....and it's our first experience with FG. So, This campaign is for brand new people. If you are an experienced player I can't imagine you tolerating the bumbling that is inevitably going to happen. That said, if you're still interested then read on.....

FG License: Standard (classic) ... so you'll need standard too
    Game System: DnD 5e

Time Zone: GMT -8
    Day of week and time: Tentatively Sunday 14:30-17:30 AKST (18:30-21:30 EST)
    Planned start date: approx. 2 wks
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3hrs, weekly
    Term: until 1) I win a Posthumus darwin award, 2) we decide this was a terrible idea and go back scrolling blankly through youtube, or 3) we hate each other and physical distance is the reason we're not in jail.

Text or Voice: both...
    Voice software used: discord, google meeting, doesn't really matter to me
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Ha, ha, ha....No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: No effing clue .... 50/50 is the dream
    Number of Players in-game & needed: 1GM, 1PC .... need 2-3 more
    Character starting level & equipment: 1
    Character restrictions: Keep It Simple - Recommend using pre-made starter characters ... if you're into it we can swap a character later on or if a character (or dreaded TPK) dies then we can explore making characters from scratch

Details of your scenario:
    Gonna be pretty textbook Lost Mine....read the opening paragraph. I'll do my best to be prepared and intend to bridge my failings with making poo-poo up (rules, characters, game mechanics, giant flaming letters spelling out plot points, etc) and I won't hesitate to RETCON the hades out of something I screwed up. This will undoubtedly be an adult setting with questionable language, (moderate) alcohol consumption, and (good natured) insults. We're going to say inappropriate things....but we won't tolerate harassment, racism, or proselytizing (on any subject). You be you, I'll be me, and hopefully we're all just here to escape into FantasyLand. If you're offendable please save yourself the time.

reply or pm me if interested or you have questions - I haven't fully figured out the calendar...yet
    Last edited by Esoteric1; May 15th, 2020 at 23:11.

New to FG but Been DM for 5e group, lived thu 1st ed and just wanna play.

If you think you can handle my incompetence then PM me for details. Trying to put together a first session for this Sunday 5/24 6:30p-9:30pm (ish). EST
    Last edited by Esoteric1; May 21st, 2020 at 01:51.

Sounds a load of fun, if I wasn't 9 hours ahead of your time zone, I would probably be asking to join, . After around a 40 year gap of playing and DM'ing D&D (AD&D 1) I was tentatively trying to teach my Grandkids D&D via LMoP (2 x 40 minute sessions so far) Then Lockdown happened. Hope you get the players you need and it all goes well.

So far so good...looks like we'll have some kind of session this Sunday, but always room for one more if some insomnia strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric1 View Post
    So far so good...looks like we'll have some kind of session this Sunday, but always room for one more if some insomnia strikes.
    Sorry it won't be me, I'll have to be up at 6 am local time, I think that is 9pm your time, as I am still working albeit from home.

Man, sounds like a group I'd like to join/learn with. Any chance you'd be interested in any other weekday evenings?
    I am also a newer Player to FG, learning 5e to be able to DM.
    I do have Ult Lic

Unfortunately, Sunday's are the only time I've been able to carve out right now but hopefully I'll be able to find some time/get more efficient in the future.

for anyone wanting a little practice, I can run practice encounters.
    i run 5e at table ,swapped to FG during lockdown. I need the practice.
    What are the chances?

Did y’all have a session zero Sunday?

Thread Information