STAR TREK 2d20

LFP - Need 2-3 players Fri Night 6:30pm EST USA Pathfinder 1e

FG License: GM has Unity Ultimate, players can use demo to join.
    Game System: Pathfinder 1e

Time Zone: EST USA
    Day of week and time: Friday evenings (6:30pm start time, ~4-5hr sessions depending on the speed of the party).
    If new game, planned start date: New Game starting 5/22/2020
    Term: Mid length (~1-2months, extend if everyone is still having fun.)
    Text or Voice: Voice needed.
    Voice software used: Discord.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 10/90 Very Heavy Combat & Dungeoneering
    Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 solid players currently, looking for a party of 4-5 total.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, average starting gold & indicated equipment.
    Character restrictions:
    No 3rd party sources.
    20pt "High Fantasy" buy
    Any race from Paizo sources with 11rp or less (no custom races).
    Any core, base, hybrid, or unchained class &/or any of their archetypes that come from Paizo sources.
    Any alignment (unless otherwise restricted by class/race/etc)
    2 race traits baseline, with option for a 3rd trait if you take a drawback (i.e. up to 3 max).
    Reference d20pfsrd (or any Paizo sources you own). Contact me if there are any questions about interpretation.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

The Lore:

Congratulations on your recent death!

Unfortunately for you, no deity has bothered to lay claim to your soul, perhaps due to your actions in life or they simply forgot about you. Not to worry, this happens all the time! Daemulzuyx never leaves a soul in limbo and always has room for the unappreciated in His domain of Damnation.
    This is no ordinary afterlife filled with worship or pleasant tranquility, no no no! The Mad God will have you make up for your life, unworthy of recognition as it was, through your actions in His afterlife. Those who please Him, who pass His trials and ascend to the highest reaches of His domain, may find themselves granted a second life, the most gracious of gifts. Ascend through His domain of dungeons. Fight your way through the hordes and traps of His creation. Slay others who struggle in their quest to ascend!
    Death is no ending here. It is merely a temporary setback: stripping you down and flinging your soul back to the lowest reaches of His domain to begin your climb anew! It is rumored that some have found methods to bind their souls together, so that their success or failure is tied together as a group. Will you bind your soul to others and seek ascension?

What to Expect

Damnation is a Pathfinder 1e campaign focused primarily on combat & dungeoneering encounters, giving you the opportunity to make a character of most races and most classes, having fun with an odd party of hack-n-slash adventurers. We will be using Fantasy Grounds Unity to handle most of the mechanics, with discord supplementing voice, chat, and session-to-session communications. If you have PCGen, FantasyGrounds, or HeroGen, you can build your character using Paizo materials and export directly into a FantasyGrounds-importable character sheet.

This will be a roleplay-lite campaign. Everyone is struggling to get out of Damnation, and this conflict supercedes most others (alignment, racial, etc). Combat monsters are fine (even expected), but the party should maintain a balance of skill-monkeys to traverse the dangerous, trap-filled levels and crafters to help the party get the most out of their meager findings. If you get upset about people pinning stats or min-maxing, this is probably not the campaign for you.

Homebrew Mechanics:

All players will be "soulbound" to each other. If a player dies and is not resurrected, their body & all their belongings will go up in flames, being destroyed. When the party takes their next long rest, the dead player will resurrect naked with nothing in an area near the party.
    The first couple sessions will cover around a player level worth of dungeon exploration each, naturally slowing as later levels require larger amounts of experience & encounters. After successfully clearing/escaping a level, the players will enter the "Peregrine Pandemonium," where weary souls who have found the Mad Gods favor rest for a time. This will function as a shop-like level containing most things a player needs, as many have come and passed through the area. However, this brief respite won't last long, ending after an in-game month (4weeks) passes and the area dissipates, forcing players into the next dungeon environment whether they are ready or not.
    The Mad God has boons and banes that may be granted or found bottled throughout His domain. These may be temporary or permanent. Some examples (subject to change):
    Boons:
    1. Bind an item to your soul, preventing it from being destroyed on death. It will resurrect with your character.
    2. Ability score/skill increase
    3. (Very rarely) Reincarnation, transforming your PC into another one of the same level.
    Banes:
    1. Cursed, applying a curse to an item you own.
    2. Ability score/skill decrease
    3. Afflictions, debilitating your character in any number of ways (movement, conditions, lost spell slots, etc)

Eager to see what souls are ready to join!

Sign me up! I love the theme and combat focus. The time works great for me and will not conflict with my Saturday group. Sadly in that group we wasted a good 1hr in a tavern while people role played. SIGH. I think I have read over 1000 fantasy novels, and it takes me about a minute a page, so an hour roleplaying in the tavern would be like an author wasted 60 pages flogging some tavern scene at the expense of action. I am not sure about you, but this COVID-19 stuff has got me in a mood to plow through piles of bad guys.

I'd be interested. Wanted to learn pathfinder and new to fantasy grounds, but not ttrpgs

Thread Information