STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: nested tables

nested tables

Greetings,

I am trying to create nested tables to out put a better treasure generator and then output it to a parcel as a single item.
    What I am trying to achieve is an output on a parcel that is a single line with the results from 2 or 3 different tables.

Table = magical armor generator

19 to 25 [magical adjustment] Padded Armor
    26 to 29 [magical adjustment] Leather Armor

Table = magical adjustment

1 to 3 +1
    4 to 4 +2
    5 to 8 +3
    9 to 9 Axiomatic
    10 to 10 lawful aligned
    and so on,

if I use a second column like

19 to 25 [magical adjustment] / Padded Armor
    26 to 29 [magical adjustment] / Leather Armor

I get the right output but on two different lines of the parcel.

+2
    Leather Armor

any ideas?

Rolling on subtables wont combine the results into a single item. What you can do in your example is
    Table: Magical Armor Generator
    19 to 25 [Padded Armor]
    26 to 29 [Leather Armor]

Table: Padded Armor
    1 to 3 Padded Armor +1 <-- Links to the actual Padded Armor +X item. not just text.
    4 to 4 Padded Armor +2
    5 to 8 Padded Armor +3
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks for the quick answer,

I had thought of that I just didn't want to create a table for each type of armor and weapon. lots of data entry that way.

yup. if you have the DMG, take a look at them. tons of nested table rolls, but in the end, they are all structured that way.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Not seeing this option for the Pathfinder ruleset. Please tell me its in another location or I can just cut and paste.

Pathfinder is based on CoreRPG and can load its extensions.

hey was starting a new campaign, and when making my random encounter table was having issues with generating more than 1 mob, some one needs to update the TABLE WIKI, the way it is written now doesn't work. It tells you to enter [1d4] by your mob tag instead of [1d4x]

Quote Originally Posted by CaryScott View Post
    hey was starting a new campaign, and when making my random encounter table was having issues with generating more than 1 mob, some one needs to update the TABLE WIKI, the way it is written now doesn't work. It tells you to enter [1d4] by your mob tag instead of [1d4x]
    The wiki article uses encounters linked to a table rather than single monsters - read the paragraph 'Creating an Encounter Table'. Additionally as noted in the text the better method of creating a random number of monsters is to use random encounters rather than using a table (and then link those to a table if you want to randomly select an encounter). Also the following example which deals with creating a treasure table shows how to use the multiplication of a single item.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information