Fallout 1
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    Hi, so would you like to share the files? Or are is the update coming soon?
    Sorry, I've been caught up with holidays, work, and other projects. I don't know when the December update will be out, that's from Smiteworks. For the time being, these two files will fix the issue with Battle Fury and the scrolling actions tab.

    Rename 'manager_actor_ICRPG.txt' to 'manager_actor_ICRPG.lua' and paste it into the scripts folder of the ruleset.

    Copy record_char_actions.xml to campaign folder of the ruleset
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #52
    Hi, sorry to bother after a time again.
    I am affraid that changes to FGU broke ICRPG a bit. There is a lot of popup errors when you for example add monsters to combat tracker. And items do not have anymore automatization for Carried/Equipped. There is probably more than that, but I didnt do thorough testing.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    Hi, sorry to bother after a time again.
    I am affraid that changes to FGU broke ICRPG a bit. There is a lot of popup errors when you for example add monsters to combat tracker. And items do not have anymore automatization for Carried/Equipped. There is probably more than that, but I didnt do thorough testing.
    It looks like someone at Smiteworks went and updated the ruleset without me and in doing so broke a bunch of features. Not sure what to do about it; I don't have the time or energy to undo everything, and I'm sure they made those changes for a reason it just sucks that those changes broke the ruleset. Maybe Moon Wizard can shed some light here?

  4. #54
    I'm not familiar with ICRPG specifically; but I did make the changes to the underlying CoreRPG layer and the adjustments for ICRPG to work with it.

    I tried creating a campaign, adding a new character, dragging the Amulet of Kings (+5 CHA) to the character, then equipping it, and it updated the CHA by 5. So, perhaps there are specific examples that you could provide? Also, what versions are being reported in the chat window when you launch a ICRPG campaign?

    I was able to recreate the script error on combat tracker add; and just pushed a hot fix for it. Make sure to run a new Check for Updates from the FG launch screen.

    Regards,
    JPG

  5. #55
    Thanks for the update, it did fix some stuff

    What I found so far:
    - With items, the problem is not with their functionality, but with their counters. On the bottom of Inventory tab you have automated counters with "carried" and "equipped" items. As ICRPG is slot-based, inventory-driven ruleset, it is really a big convenience to track it, manually or automatically. Right now, it's not possible to do it even manually.
    - Dark theme and Vigilante City extensions are giving errors, I will try to provide some logs or screenshots later. Curiously, it breaks the possibility to delete chars from combat tracker with right click menu option, while using these extensions. Default (and Quickstart and Mastery) works fine. That's just for curiosity, I don't know, if you want to to update the extensions as well.

    Then I have also two questions:
    May I ask, if it's possible to make some "Abilities" tab and side bar button (for making a list of premade abilities)? Or to rework Tag field, so it's bigger or adjustable (or move that into separated tab). We play Ability heavy ICRPG version (more akin current Master edition) and that would be really great.
    And the last thing: can you advice me, how to change "Gun" Effort in the character sheet? I would like to rename it into "Special" for our fantasy-only game. Is it possible to rename it just on the sheet, so the automation wouldnt break?

    If these things are not simple to do/answer, feel free to let it be.

    Thanks a lot!

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    - With items, the problem is not with their functionality, but with their counters. On the bottom of Inventory tab you have automated counters with "carried" and "equipped" items. As ICRPG is slot-based, inventory-driven ruleset, it is really a big convenience to track it, manually or automatically. Right now, it's not possible to do it even manually.
    Among the changes that were made, there was some major refactoring of the encumbrance code. That would explain why

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    - Dark theme and Vigilante City extensions are giving errors, I will try to provide some logs or screenshots later. Curiously, it breaks the possibility to delete chars from combat tracker with right click menu option, while using these extensions. Default (and Quickstart and Mastery) works fine. That's just for curiosity, I don't know, if you want to to update the extensions as well.
    Also among the code changes was removing my system for handling multiple health resources (because VC uses HP and STUN as health resources), these extensions will no longer work unless the changes are reverted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    And the last thing: can you advice me, how to change "Gun" Effort in the character sheet? I would like to rename it into "Special" for our fantasy-only game. Is it possible to rename it just on the sheet, so the automation wouldnt break?
    Gun effort comes from an extension (both Quickstart and Altered State add that), so the only way to rename it is to edit the extension, which you can absolutely do, neither the extensions nor ruleset are vaulted. It would be a matter of changing the effort definition in scripts/quickstart2e.lua, then changing the labels used in strings/strings.xml. There might be some other places as well, but not many.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Light Drifter View Post
    May I ask, if it's possible to make some "Abilities" tab and side bar button (for making a list of premade abilities)? Or to rework Tag field, so it's bigger or adjustable (or move that into separated tab). We play Ability heavy ICRPG version (more akin current Master edition) and that would be really great.
    I'm currently really busy with my day job and other projects, so I probably won't be able to get to this for a while. I'm also not familiar with Master Edition. Could you use the Actions tab to manage character abilities? The GM can set up powers and actions that are associated with tags (Tags have an Actions tab that lets you set up actions), so that when a player gets a tag, they get the associated actions.

  7. #57
    The encumbrance changes were definitely pushed through by me; as I generalized encumbrance updating across every ruleset. This ruleset is definitely an exception to other rulesets. I just pushed an update to fix the calculations for carried/equipped.

    I'm not sure on the multiple health resources question; as I did not disable those systems. There might have been some reshuffling back 6+ months ago for some health system generalization; but that shouldn't have removed the systems. I'm guessing that maybe some function calls need to be remapped. I'll take a quick look to see if I can figure out, and let @Saagael handle if I can't.

    For the rest of the items, those sound like enhancements to the system that I will leave for @Saagael.

    Regards,
    JPG

  8. #58
    I looked into the extensions a bit:

    Dark Theme
    The errors in the Dark theme are old references to graphics that no longer exist, as they were in FGC only. Removing those references will fix those errors.
    frame name="tokenbagbar"
    icon name="module_statepending"

    Vigilante City
    The extension was calling an older version of a couple functions. (HealthManager -> ActorHealthManager)

    I've attached updated versions of both extensions to this post with the small fixes for the immediate errors I saw. I'll let @Saagael update the repositories and forge.

    Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #59
    You just made me very happy! Thanks a lot!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in