Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. #21
    It must be something to do with where in the database file the spells are being stored.
    I'm generating the database path based on what I saw in the two different modules with spells that I have. They both use the same basic path, so I figured they all would, but I guess they don't.
    I don't have the core rules, nor the archive spells.
    I would need examples of what the path looks like to fix the problem. The name alone is not enough it seems.

    I'm using "spelldesc." .. sSpellName .. "@*" as the path for the spell.
    Now this will return any database record within the spelldesc location with the specific spellname specified within any module named after the @.
    These modules appear to be doing something differently.
    I could post a version of the extension that spits out into the console every spell it finds within spelldesc.
    You could then give me samples of what the they look like. Hopefully they give something meaning full.
    Last edited by rmilmine; May 27th, 2020 at 22:41.

  2. #22
    I've posted a test extension that should give me information on what the database path looks like.
    Could someone that this isn't working for please use it and report the results that were placed in the console?
    I can then try and figure out why it's not working.

    Thanks.

  3. #23
    That's looking promising!
    Unfortunately, after disabling the regular extension, activating the new test extension, and equipping a wand, my console is blank.

    screenshot0002.png

    EDIT: What happens when the same spell name is in multiple modules? When testing, this isn't the case (as I only load one module), but in my regular campaign there are some duplicate spells loaded.
    Last edited by bmos; May 28th, 2020 at 12:00.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's looking promising!
    Unfortunately, after disabling the regular extension, activating the new test extension, and equipping a wand, my console is blank.

    screenshot0002.png

    EDIT: What happens when the same spell name is in multiple modules? When testing, this isn't the case (as I only load one module), but in my regular campaign there are some duplicate spells loaded.
    I think I know now why It's not finding spells. Where do you drag spells from? If it's from the library it might have a different path in the database than if it's from the spells window.
    The console should not have been blank if it's from the spell window.

    spells screen cap.JPG

    If there are multiple entries for the same spell it takes the first one it finds.
    Last edited by rmilmine; May 28th, 2020 at 21:16.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I think I know now why It's not finding spells. Where do you drag spells from? If it's from the library it might have a different path in the database than if it's from the spells window.
    The console should not have been blank if it's from the spell window.
    spells screen cap.JPG
    If there are multiple entries for the same spell it takes the first one it finds.
    Unfortunately not. I'm not using that module or one formatted like that.
    The spells I used in my demo video were from the official Core Rulebook module. You can actually see me look up the spells in the 'spells window' in the video I posted.
    Here is what the Core Rulebook library window and spells list looks like:
    screenshot0001.png
    And here is another video, this time showing my console test and how the core rulebook spells are organized:
    https://youtu.be/cIXjcBvfUfo

    Do you own the PF1e Core Rulebook?
    Is that what you're using?
    Last edited by bmos; May 29th, 2020 at 14:44.

  6. #26
    I'm using just the basic package for pathfinder with only a couple of add-ons. The core book is not one of them unfortunately.
    For spells I using the PFSRDCompletePaizoSpells module that can be found on the boards somewhere.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I'm using just the basic package for pathfinder with only a couple of add-ons. The core book is not one of them unfortunately.
    For spells I using the PFSRDCompletePaizoSpells module that can be found on the boards somewhere.
    I downloaded that module and loaded it. Now things are working perfectly.
    The issue definitely seems related to a difference with how the official modules are storing their database compared to Trenloe's module.
    It would be nice to have it work with the official modules since Trenloe's module doesn't contain some more obscure stuff, but this is a pretty easy and functional workaround
    Thanks!
    Perhaps someone on the Pathfinder module development team knows their database naming scheme.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I downloaded that module and loaded it. Now things are working perfectly.
    The issue definitely seems related to a difference with how the official modules are storing their database compared to Trenloe's module.
    It would be nice to have it work with the official modules since Trenloe's module doesn't contain some more obscure stuff, but this is a pretty easy and functional workaround
    Thanks!
    Perhaps someone on the Pathfinder module development team knows their database naming scheme.
    I found in the wiki a page on the database structure.
    It has 2 locations mentioned for spells. I've updated the test in the first post to show things in this second location.
    Would you mind using it with just the core rule book loaded?
    It should list 10 spells from this new location in the console.
    I unfortunately do not have anything with spells in this location.
    This location appears to be for always read only items.

    Thanks.

  9. #29
    New campaign with just core rulebook loaded.
    New character (bard human)
    Opened actions tab.
    Opened inventory tab.
    Edit button.
    New item.
    Name: Wand of Invisibility
    Type: Wand
    Caster Level: 3
    Charges: 20
    Equip wand.
    Open actions tab.
    Nothing new.
    Type /console in chat.
    Blank console appears.

    I wouldn't give up on that lead though. If I remember correctly, the offical Paizo modules are encrypted (unlike some other rulesystems).
    Perhaps encrypted modules are in yet another location or are accessed differently.

    Good luck

    EDIT: One suggestion and one bug report, now that I can make this work with the Trenloe's spells module.
    Suggestion: It would be very cool if expending a charge caused the "charges" box of Enhanced Items to decrement.
    Bug: All spells seem to be showing up as level 0 on the Actions tab. Fireball, Contagion, and Summon Swarm are the ones I've tried so far. (edit: turns out it's not all of them, just some. I think it's due to the typo I mention on page 4)
    Last edited by bmos; June 8th, 2020 at 13:35. Reason: mention post on page 4

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    New campaign with just core rulebook loaded.
    New character (bard human)
    Opened actions tab.
    Opened inventory tab.
    Edit button.
    New item.
    Name: Wand of Invisibility
    Type: Wand
    Caster Level: 3
    Charges: 20
    Equip wand.
    Open actions tab.
    Nothing new.
    Type /console in chat.
    Blank console appears.

    I wouldn't give up on that lead though. If I remember correctly, the offical Paizo modules are encrypted (unlike some other rulesystems).
    Perhaps encrypted modules are in yet another location or are accessed differently.

    Good luck
    Thanks for trying. I'll make a post in the q & a area and see what others say.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in