DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last

Advanced Character Iventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder

This extension changes the way items are added to a characters inventory. In particular what happens when you do.
    If the item added is a wand, potion or scroll and is equipped it will generate an action item for it in the action tab. It will look up the spell from the item name that is within ()
    So a Wand (Cure Light Wounds) will create a spell class caster level 1 and have 50 uses of level spells.
    You can also now use Wand of Cure Light Wounds or Potion or Scroll.
    This also works with the Enhanced Items v4 extension to keep track of charges.
    For potions, wands and scrolls to work you need to have a module loaded that has the spell in it.

Shields also have the ability to do damage as well as have ac associated with them. With this they now get an action item generated for them for shield bash. This means you no longer need to have 2 items for a shield if your character does shield bash.
    If the item is a weapon and and has flaming, flaming burst, igniting, frost, icy burst, corrosive, corrosive burst, shock and shocking burst in the properties it will generate the 1d6 damage as part of the weapon.

Thanks to bmos I have been able to remove the bug related to not first visiting the action tab.

version 1.0.6: Advanced Character Inventory Manager for 3.5E and Pathfinder.ext
    Last edited by rmilmine; September 6th, 2020 at 01:47.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    This extension changes the way items are added to a characters inventory. In particular what happens when you do.
    If the item added is a wand, potion or scroll and is equipped it will generate an action item for it in the action tab. It will look up the spell from the item name that is within ()
    So a Wand (Cure Light Wounds) will create a spell class caster level 1 and have 50 uses of level spells.
    This also works with the Enhanced Items v4 extension to keep track of charges.
    Shields also have the ability to do damage as well as have ac associated with them. With this they now get an action item generated for them for shield bash. This means you no longer need to have 2 items for a shield if your character does shield bash.
    If the item is a weapon and and has flaming, flaming burst, igniting, frost, icy burst, corrosive, corrosive burst, shock and shocking burst in the properties it will generate the 1d6 damage as part of the weapon.

There is one bug I've not been able to resolve and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix it after this post.
    If you haven't visited the action tab before adding the item is doesn't properly create the action item.

Attachment 35313
    Thanks, sounds nice Looking forward to test your extensions

haha cool! will be quite useful indeed. thx!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Hi, me again.
    I dragged the player's wand into the party inventory and back to her character sheet to create the action, but got the following error:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist_ACIM.lua"]:102: attempt to index local 'sSpellName' (a nil value)

What was the format of the name for the wand? When it goes looking for the spell name it's looking for something in () so Wand (Magic Missile).
    I'll have a look and see why that error happened. It should have been looking to see if it didn't find a name and if so exited out.
    Can you give me the name of the wand used? That way I can test it.

That perfectly explained the issue. Sorry I missed that info in the first post!

The wand was a "Wand of Summon Swarm" which obviously didn't have that name formatting (since the Pathfinder AP I am playing doesn't format the names that way). Reformatting it myself to "Wand (Summon Swarm) makes the error stop coming but but the wand isn't creating an action. I disabled all my extensions except advanced char inventory, your customized item generator, your adv effects port, and enhanced items v4.2.1. Still having this issue.

Just a suggestion, although I don't know how the extension code words, perhaps it could look for the spell name after the text "wand of" and before and opening brackets for charges or parenthesis for CL?
    Last edited by bmos; May 18th, 2020 at 12:07.

I'll check Wand (Summon Swarm) and see if I can get it to work.
    One thing, you need to have the spell loaded in a module or have it manually created before it will create an action item for it.

I'm going to add, Potion of ... Scroll of ... and wand of ... to the name checking.
    Can you please give me an example of what a wand looks like for you? Wand of Summon Swarm [36] (7)?
    There is an extension that I use, Enhanced Items that adds the charges into the items as fields, bunch of other useful things as well.

I've updated the original post. When looking for the spell name it now looks for anything between () or anything after "of "
    Also remember. You need to visit the action tab first then either add the item or change it to carried or equipped on the inventory list.
    For some reason which I've not been able to figure out it won't create the action item properly if you haven't opened the action tab previously.

I'll check Wand (Summon Swarm) and see if I can get it to work.
    One thing, you need to have the spell loaded in a module or have it manually created before it will create an action item for it.

I'm going to add, Potion of ... Scroll of ... and wand of ... to the name checking.
    Can you please give me an example of what a wand looks like for you? Wand of Summon Swarm [36] (7)?
    There is an extension that I use, Enhanced Items that adds the charges into the items as fields, bunch of other useful things as well.
    I have the spells loaded. I also have this issue with a Wand of Contagion (haven't tried any others yet).
    Personally, because I also use Enhanced Items, I have changed the charges to use that lovely box you mentioned. I only mentioned the brackets and parenthesis because that is how the AP I'm running labels wands such as "Wand of Scorching Ray (CL 7) [22 charges]". This is not standardized, unfortunately, as the other AP I'm playing in uses the format "Wand (Cure Light Wounds) [38 charges]"

I've updated the original post. When looking for the spell name it now looks for anything between () or anything after "of "
    Also remember. You need to visit the action tab first then either add the item or change it to carried or equipped on the inventory list.
    For some reason which I've not been able to figure out it won't create the action item properly if you haven't opened the action tab previously.
    One concern about looking for anything after the word "of" would be that some spells use that word like "Wall of Force"

Still not working. Here is what I'm doing in case there's something I'm doing wrong:
    (video of me creating a new campaign with minimal extensions and adding a wand to inventory)
    --video deleted--

EDIT: 11th level casters
    Last edited by bmos; August 14th, 2020 at 16:53.

I've uploaded a new version v1.0.2.
    There was a bug that it didn't create an action item if the caster level was greater than 9. It should have been checking to see if the spell level was greater than 9.
    I also added checking for charges in the item name. If it's between "[]".
    If you also use the Enhanced Item extension it will use that before the name, unless the name has less charges, then it will use the name.

Thread Information