DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 15 First ... 412131415 Last
    Hello, I recently received this error message when trying to "overnight rest" while using this extension via the combat tracker and character sheet (PFRPG campaign)

[2/5/2023 5:12:38 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..vanced-Item-Actions:..ar_invlist_ACIM.lua"]:52: attempt to index local 'string_spell_name' (a nil value)

Attemping to rest results in the above message popping up in addition to hit points and spell slots not being recovered.
    This seems to be some sort of extension conflict (doing the same in a fresh campaign with only Advance Item Actions works fine). I am posting here because the name of this extension pops up in the error message and I would like to check if something like this has happened before before checking all of my (many) extensions manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Hello, I recently received this error message when trying to "overnight rest" while using this extension via the combat tracker and character sheet (PFRPG campaign)

[2/5/2023 5:12:38 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..vanced-Item-Actions:..ar_invlist_ACIM.lua"]:52: attempt to index local 'string_spell_name' (a nil value)

Attemping to rest results in the above message popping up in addition to hit points and spell slots not being recovered.
    This seems to be some sort of extension conflict (doing the same in a fresh campaign with only Advance Item Actions works fine). I am posting here because the name of this extension pops up in the error message and I would like to check if something like this has happened before before checking all of my (many) extensions manually.
    I haven't heard of any such thing, but can give you some hints:
    That code is only executed when items are added, identified, un/equipped, have their quantities changed, or (in the case of wands) have their count changed. Specifically, the code is trying to determine the name of the spell but not finding one.
    So probably first check extensions that are doing stuff with the character's inventory on a rest.

If that doesn't give you any ideas, I can whip up a special ext file for you that will help figure out which one is causing it.

EDIT: I have queued a fix to stop the script error at least, but intend to release it along with the new ruleset updates later this month.
    Last edited by bmos; February 4th, 2023 at 22:19.

I believe that I have had a similar error in the past.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, check the wands in the PC's inventory. Sometimes a wand will not actually have any charges on it when you open the specific item window, which will generate an error on overnight rest for some reason.

The culprit appears to be an item called "Multiple Spell Scroll" from the AP I am running right now. Given that the item doesn't follow the usual spell scroll conventions (there is no one specific spell to find) I am guessing that is what caused the issue. Deleting the item allows normal resting with health and spell slots recovered.

Thank you bmos and Scribbling Rambler for pointing me in the right direction. I would never have thought to check specific items on my own.

The culprit appears to be an item called "Multiple Spell Scroll" from the AP I am running right now.
    aha! thanks for pinning that down. I guess it's trying to find the spell name of that scroll which has neither "of x" or (x) to show the name in the title.
    I'll keep the error from occurring in such a situation but it will not auto-add the spells to the spells tab.
    If you can send me a screenshot of how that appears in the AP I can look into adding support for "multiple spell scrolls" which are actually a thing according to rules although in my experience they're rarely used.
    Last edited by bmos; February 7th, 2023 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    aha! thanks for pinning that down. I guess it's trying to find the spell name of that scroll which has neither "of x" or (x) to show the name in the title.
    I'll keep the error from occurring in such a situation but it will not auto-add the spells to the spells tab.
    If you can send me a screenshot of how that appears in the AP I can look into adding support for "multiple spell scrolls" which are actually a thing according to rules although in my experience they're rarely used.
    Here is the requested screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't seem to get his to work anymore. I'm using 3.5E, and I've removed all extension but his one. Equipping potions no longer adds and action item to the Actions tab. I've changed nothing else. I tried a wand and it didn't add anything either. Version of the extension is 1.13 - I've updated several times so it should be the latest.
    Last edited by timberbeast; February 19th, 2023 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    I can't seem to get his to work anymore. I'm using 3.5E, and I've removed all extension but his one. Equipping potions no longer adds and action item to the Actions tab. I've changed nothing else. I tried a wand and it didn't add anything either. Version of the extension is 1.13 - I've updated several times so it should be the latest.
    From what module do the associated spells originate from? PFRPG Spellbook?

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    Can you post a screenshot of the item sheet of the potion? and the spell sheet for the spell that it should be finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    From what module do the associated spells originate from? PFRPG Spellbook?
    My own modules. I copied all the spells from the 3.5 Spells module and added effects, and did the same for the Spell Compendium. They've never given me issues before.

Thread Information