DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 15 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    I've been testing around some possible interactions with the mod and I found more issues.
    I took Faelwen's Ultimate Equipment module and started giving a test character items to equip and tried using them and long resting. This is what I came across:

All communal and mass spells are not giving the communal and mass version of the spell
    ex: Scroll (invisibility, mass). This is important because of the higher spell level for information about concentration checks and use magic device. Oddly enough, the CL gives the right number.

When long resting, some spells reset their usage (ex: I tried giving me 3 Potion (magic fang, greater), then I used 2 and long rested and they came back. This issue didn't happen with the normal magic fang. The same thing happened with the Scroll version. Up to now, I discovered that the longstrider, commune with nature and divine favor spell uses also resets after a long rest for unknown reasons while using Kelrugem's FullOverlayPackage.
    There might be more spells doing that, I could test them all out if you want.

The spell (create greater undead) is not working.

Another thing is: when using level 0 spells, they get in the level 0 area and we can't manage the number of use left (except by opening the spyglass of the spell class and lowering the number under 0). ex: Wand (mending)
    1. Thanks, I have added communal and mass detection.
    2. The fix for long rests is dependent on Kel's FullOverlayPackage which is not compatible with the current FG build (and thus, this extension). You should unequip all consumables before long resting. Once Kel's extensions are updated I can look into what is going on.
    3. I have fixed the "create greater undead" issue (i think).
    4. I'm not planning on reworking cantrips to situationally allow limited uses at this time.

Tremendous quick and efficient work!
    I confirm that all communal and mass spells have been fixed as well as the (create greater undead) spell!

For now, until Kel's FullOverlayPackage has been updated, I shall tell my players to lower manually the number of "use/day" of items before long resting and remove the checkmarks left if any.
    For cantrips, they will just lower the "use/day" hidden number ^^

It's wierd that some spells react that way with the long rest and others don't.
    The only link I found between the "faulty" spells is that they only have ONE effect and miss their "cast" attribute... Maybe that's why? For example: (magic fang, greater) has ONLY one effect and resets on long rests, while (magic fang) has a CAST Will DC 11 roll plus the effect and doesn't reset on long rests...

YEP! After more testing, it seems like it's the constant link between all the spells that resets!

EDIT: only spells with ONE effect that misses their CAST are faulty. Spells with one effect that is a CAST attribute are ok and don't reset, like the (erase) and (break) spell. But spells like (shield) with only one effect and no CAST resets.

EDIT2: spells like (urban grace), (false life) or (alter self) with no CAST spell action resets as well. I am now absolutely certain that the real issue is that the extension only avoids resetting spells that have at least one CAST attribute. Even a spell like (fog cloud) with 5 effects and no CAST resets after a long rest ^^
    Last edited by Khoredran; March 31st, 2021 at 18:32.

For now, until Kel's FullOverlayPackage has been updated, I shall tell my players to lower manually the number of "use/day" of items before long resting and remove the checkmarks left if any.
    For cantrips, they will just lower the "use/day" hidden number ^^

It's wierd that some spells react that way with the long rest and others don't.
    The only link I found between the "faulty" spells is that they only have ONE effect and miss their "cast" attribute... Maybe that's why? For example: (magic fang, greater) has ONLY one effect and resets on long rests, while (magic fang) has a CAST Will DC 11 roll plus the effect and doesn't reset on long rests...

YEP! After more testing, it seems like it's the constant link between all the spells that resets!

EDIT: only spells with ONE effect that misses their CAST are faulty. Spells with one effect that is a CAST attribute are ok and don't reset, like the (erase) and (break) spell. But spells like (shield) with only one effect and no CAST resets.

EDIT2: spells like (urban grace), (false life) or (alter self) with no CAST spell action resets as well. I am now absolutely certain that the real issue is that the extension only avoids resetting spells that have at least one CAST attribute. Even a spell like (fog cloud) with 5 effects and no CAST resets after a long rest ^^
    Little known feature of this extension: if you un-equip the item it will update remaining charges (possibly only if using the enhanced items extension also). Obviously not for cantrips.
    Also yes, the cast button is required for Kel's "consumable / nom nom" feature to work. Does the PFRPG - Spellbook module still not have cast buttons for all spells? I thought dllewell had added those everywhere...
    Last edited by bmos; March 31st, 2021 at 19:42.

I was indeed not up to date with that module!
    Thank you for letting me realize this!
    All is good now and every single spells doesn't reset anymore!

On the same note as for the NPC update extension, will this one need adjustment as well to be fully compatible with the new Extended Spellbook?

On the same note as for the NPC update extension, will this one need adjustment as well to be fully compatible with the new Extended Spellbook?
    No, this one tries to search all spell modules.

This is great, now if I could figure how to use FG Forge...

I hit the 'Get' button, I see the item in my inventory, now what? Is it automatically updated? Do I need to manually update?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtPrylo View Post

I hit the 'Get' button, I see the item in my inventory, now what? Is it automatically updated? Do I need to manually update?
    It will get automatically updated If there is a new update in the forge, then it will be downloaded once you hit the FGu update button For the first time you need to click update of course, too

(automatic in the sense of the FG updater does it, so, not needed to be downloaded from the forum; not automatic in the sense that you even do not need to hit the update button )

Quote Originally Posted by SgtPrylo View Post

You can manually update or in the next update it will do it.

Thread Information