DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Thanks bmos. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The function usingAE() is missing a space in your EXT name. Zygmunt Molotch found this.
    There are also other places in the same file where you have the same typo (you may have changed that?) but they don't use this function (they just do the same thing directly).

Also Corrosive Burst should also inherit Corrosive (but current only does the burst part)
    Last edited by bmos; November 13th, 2020 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    function usingKelrugemsAE() needs a change.
    "Full OverlayPackage with other icons" should be "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons" as Kelrugem has changed the package name.
    Also his extensions have been consolidated so that function can be:
    Code:
    function usingKelrugemsAE()
        return (StringManager.contains(Extension.getExtensions(), "Full OverlayPackage") or
                StringManager.contains(Extension.getExtensions(), "Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons"));
    end
    Oh, crap, did I accidentally rename the extension?

I just checked: I accidentally renamed the file, but only the file, the extension name appearing in the list of extensions is still the old one So, there should be no need to change the code

But the difficult question for me: Should I rename the file back to the old one or is it too late for that and I would just cause extra chaos? (aaah, crap, that happens when I think I have the correct name without checking the old extension. Gladly only the file name and not the name shown in FG)

Ah, moment, I looked at my backups: The file name was always with "alternative" The FG name always with "other"; lol, I never realized this, but this gladly means that I never renamed something

Pheew, now I feel released; bmos, you are now my 13 Friday spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, moment, I looked at my backups: The file name was always with "alternative" The FG name always with "other"; lol, I never realized this, but this gladly means that I never renamed something

Pheew, now I feel released; bmos, you are now my 13 Friday spirit
    Does Extension.getExtensions() return the actual ext name? My experience has indicated that it uses file name (but I could certainly be wrong -- i usually make them the same thing). I think alternative is better anyway.

Sorry I worried you!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Does Extension.getExtensions() return the actual ext name? My experience has indicated that it uses file name (but I could certainly be wrong -- i usually make them the same thing). I think alternative is better anyway.

Sorry I worried you!
    Hehe, no worries

ah, good question, I would have guessed that returns the "name as shown in FG", but that is actually just guessing, I need to test (Extension.getExtensionInfo lists information with the same name as the tags, so, I would have thought of the xml tags; also because that cannot be easily changed by the user, but also this is just guessing on my side ) When it is like you said, then I need to change a bit of code in my extensions, too (some pieces there are already written with rmilmine's extension in mind and they also use this)

I just realized I never posted the new version I made here.
    v1.1 and v1.2 are usable with new FG update (from feb 16th) and have a variety of improvements.

Extension works great, the new v1.2 version seems to still put v1.1 as announcement in chat.

Feature Suggestion: Only let it customize/generate if a Weapon / Armor Subtype is entered.
    If you try it without a subtype (like me and probably others at first) you get an error for weapons: "combobox: table expected". Furthermore you can't select a special material without a subtype.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Extension works great, the new v1.2 version seems to still put v1.1 as announcement in chat.

Feature Suggestion: Only let it customize/generate if a Weapon / Armor Subtype is entered.
    If you try it without a subtype (like me and probably others at first) you get an error for weapons: "combobox: table expected". Furthermore you can't select a special material without a subtype.
    Thanks! Pushed a hotfix to v1.2 since people will update anyway when their chat version shows they're out of date.

EDIT: I have also pushed some github commits that improve documentation in a few of my extensions since you mentioned that it was helpful to you
    Last edited by bmos; March 27th, 2021 at 16:58.

Is there a way for me to add materials/templates of my own? Can I just add them to the code or is there a place in FG I can add them?

Thread Information