STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 13 First ... 210111213 Last
    here is the image of the settings i used
    image_2023-02-21_103952574.png
    Last edited by Arimil508; February 21st, 2023 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Here is a screenshot of the error.
    The item i tried to make was a small longsword.
    I used the item from the paizo core rulebook module.
    Attachment 56294
    Super helpful. Thank you. Will try to fix this soon.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.56.05 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.56.23 AM.png

Forge - Haramaki 01.jpeg

Here you go, I also included the screenshot from Herolab that the player used to generate the item in the first place. There was no Siccatite in the material used pull down so I just left it blank.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilthorne View Post
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.56.05 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.56.23 AM.png

Forge - Haramaki 01.jpeg

Here you go, I also included the screenshot from Herolab that the player used to generate the item in the first place. There was no Siccatite in the material used pull down so I just left it blank.

Thank you.
    Hello,

for what i've seen :

+1 enhancement: +1
    Delving: +3
    Deathless: +1
    Adhesive: +3
    Energy resistance: +4
    Burdenless: +1

4+3+3+1+1+1 = 13

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/

Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    Hello,

for what i've seen :

+1 enhancement: +1
    Delving: +3
    Deathless: +1
    Adhesive: +3
    Energy resistance: +4
    Burdenless: +1

4+3+3+1+1+1 = 13

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/
    Although the general description in the rules leave much to be desired, here is a post from Sean Reynolds stating that the monetary bonuses do not count towards the enhancement bonuses of an item. IE you could have unlimited monetary bonuses after purchasing the +1 enhancement.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 12.27.46 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Evilthorne View Post
    Although the general description in the rules leave much to be desired, here is a post from Sean Reynolds stating that the monetary bonuses do not count towards the enhancement bonuses of an item. IE you could have unlimited monetary bonuses after purchasing the +1 enhancement.

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 12.27.46 PM.png
    ok, but then, why the price in the +n bonus list? if it doesn't count as bonus, it doesn't make sense to be in that list.

it should be on a separate list with the +0 bonus ...

or am i missing something here?

ok, but then, why the price in the +n bonus list? if it doesn't count as bonus, it doesn't make sense to be in that list.

it should be on a separate list with the +0 bonus ...

or am i missing something here?
    That list is not a paizo list. That list is d20pfsrd being "helpful."
    Sean Reynolds is correct. I have queued a fix and will release along with the ruleset update that should likely be dropping in the next week.

To be fair to Urheil, the bonuses (like Delving) ARE listed by Paizo in Ultimate Equipment in the various +1 through +5 tables (Delving being in the +3 list). They're listed with a specific price, instead of "+3 bonus" (for example), under the Base Price column. d20pfsrd just replicated those tables. aonprd has them all listed in one long chart.

As for Urheil's question about why they're listed in such a way, rather than their own +0 table, it's likely to either show relative power, or for GM's to include them in such a way to restrict access to crafting. Granted, just the price itself *should* limit lower-level crafters from accessing the abilities. But, if it were a "+0" ability, you could theoretically have an extremely rich LVL 3 crafter make a +1 Energy Resistance, Greater set of armor. That is likely not the intent of the game developers, so that ability is listed in the +5 table, to indicate that a crafter should be LVL 15 before they can enchant that ability in the armor. Even though that ability doesn't count towards the overall +10 limit of an item.

Quote Originally Posted by pmeade3 View Post
    To be fair to Urheil, the bonuses (like Delving) ARE listed by Paizo in Ultimate Equipment in the various +1 through +5 tables (Delving being in the +3 list). They're listed with a specific price, instead of "+3 bonus" (for example), under the Base Price column. d20pfsrd just replicated those tables. aonprd has them all listed in one long chart.

As for Urheil's question about why they're listed in such a way, rather than their own +0 table, it's likely to either show relative power, or for GM's to include them in such a way to restrict access to crafting. Granted, just the price itself *should* limit lower-level crafters from accessing the abilities. But, if it were a "+0" ability, you could theoretically have an extremely rich LVL 3 crafter make a +1 Energy Resistance, Greater set of armor. That is likely not the intent of the game developers, so that ability is listed in the +5 table, to indicate that a crafter should be LVL 15 before they can enchant that ability in the armor. Even though that ability doesn't count towards the overall +10 limit of an item.
    That's something I can understand, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That list is not a paizo list. That list is d20pfsrd being "helpful."
    Sean Reynolds is correct. I have queued a fix and will release along with the ruleset update that should likely be dropping in the next week.
    I didn't doubt Sean Reynolds is correct, it's just sometimes it's difficult for me to understand why some things got so complicated when they are able to do it more simple.

it's difficult for me to understand why some things got so complicated when they are able to do it more simple.
    I definitely agree with you there!

Thread Information