DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 23 First ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a feat, trait or item add an effect to the ability tab other than naming the item a spell name (like Potion of spider climb).

If I wanted to have a Feat that gave a usable power instead of an always on power without the player having to create the actual effect on the ability tab.

So right now lets say I wanted a hat of disguise to automatically place a disguise self spell in the abilities tab (under items on advanced character sheet), I can cheat and call it Hat of disguise self and make it a scroll (or wand or potion I suppose) and it does this: Attachment 58294. The red circle is what I would like to be able to do so I could call up a specific spell. Then I could create spell effects for feats, traits and whatever and then call that "spell" effect automatically when the feat or trait or item is equipped.

I am not sure if that makes sense, but I thought it would be a way to do the PFRPG - Feats in an extended version like Spellbook Extended.

And if you would rather this be moved to another thread I can delete it and redo it elsewhere, but this idea requires this extension to be active.
    So like instead of just adding effects items could also add abilities? Great suggestion, but not currently possible with this. Not sure when I could build it out either, I have a big backlog of issues right now.

Glad you like the idea. I really wish I could wrap my mind around the coding. I feel like I would enjoy making extensions.

I would think the easiest way would be to make a "spell" for the feat or trait or item, Name the spell the same as the feat/trait/item with effect at the end. then add that spell to the feat effect. and preferably have it work with adv. character sheet and be able to define it to go to spell/weapon/item/other under the ability tab.

well glad you like the idea, guess I will go watch the ruleset wizard videos again.
    Last edited by Morenu; July 23rd, 2023 at 04:04.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

That would probably be a magic item compendium module that has the magic items with built on effects (probably with the extended item extension required). I could see it getting rather ugly coding it depending on what extensions are already in use and how they interact with items, inventory, and the abilities tab.

I was thinking something like this Feat Linked.PNG where I could go to The arcane Strike feat and under the effect, have a way to call this spell to be put on the action tab. so something like [SPELL Feat Arcane Strike] and when the feat is added to the character sheet, it automatically adds the spell as well.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

I was thinking something like this Feat Linked.PNG where I could go to The arcane Strike feat and under the effect, have a way to call this spell to be put on the action tab. so something like [SPELL Feat Arcane Strike] and when the feat is added to the character sheet, it automatically adds the spell to the action tab as well.

What does unlisted mean in the forge? This extension is showing up with that on my list of extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    What does unlisted mean in the forge? This extension is showing up with that on my list of extensions.
    It might be in the middle of being updated.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    Thanks for that, looks like I might have hit the wrong button!

Thread Information