FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 22 of 23 First ... 1220212223 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by backup42 View Post
    Hi,
    Having a small problem. I trying to code a bane weapon, I'm using
    IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK:2; DMG: 2+2d6
    The attack works but the damage doesn't. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Kelly
    Try writing your damage as 2d6+2, that's the more common notation.

Didn't work. I also tried it without the plus 2 and no go. Maybe I'll restart Fantasy Grounds and see if that fixes it.

Restarting did not help. Is there any other extensions I need that work along side of this one?
    Last edited by backup42; July 20th, 2023 at 02:06.

Hi,
    Having a small problem. I trying to code a bane weapon, I'm using
    IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK:2; DMG: 2+2d6
    The attack works but the damage doesn't. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Kelly
    Try this -
    IFT: TYPE(demon);ATK:2;DMG:2;DMG:2d6

The damage is not working at all, weird. Not even the plus 2.

I figured it out. it was his weapon. I deleted it and custom-made another one and it worked. I had to delete the attack plus 2 because for some reason it was adding plus 4 instead but after I delete the atk 2 it worked. Actually the attack works fine. He gets a +2 bonus against demons from a feat. So everything works as intended.
    Playing with high level characters is tough lol
    Last edited by backup42; July 20th, 2023 at 03:09.

I figured it out. it was his weapon. I deleted it and custom-made another one and it worked. I had to delete the attack plus 2 because for some reason it was adding plus 4 instead but after I delete the atk 2 it worked. Actually the attack works fine. He gets a +2 bonus against demons from a feat. So everything works as intended.
    Nice! Glad you found a solution. Weird details though!

which code worked?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    which code worked?
    I used bmo's custom item generator to make it, but if you don't have it the code is:

IFT: TYPE(demon);ATK:2;DMG 2d6+2

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have a feat, trait or item add an effect to the ability tab other than naming the item a spell name (like Potion of spider climb).

If I wanted to have a Feat that gave a usable power instead of an always on power without the player having to create the actual effect on the ability tab.

So right now lets say I wanted a hat of disguise to automatically place a disguise self spell in the abilities tab (under items on advanced character sheet), I can cheat and call it Hat of disguise self and make it a scroll (or wand or potion I suppose) and it does this: Hat of Disguise self.PNG. The red circle is what I would like to be able to do so I could call up a specific spell. Then I could create spell effects for feats, traits and whatever and then call that "spell" effect automatically when the feat or trait or item is equipped.

I am not sure if that makes sense, but I thought it would be a way to do the PFRPG - Feats in an extended version like Spellbook Extended.

And if you would rather this be moved to another thread I can delete it and redo it elsewhere, but this idea requires this extension to be active.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information