DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 23 First ... 41213141516 ... Last

And you know, Kelrugem - I just realized that I'm using your "Strain and Injury" version of the automation and overlays. Would that still cause this, I wonder? I'll run a test or two... but in case that's helpful, I love my strain/injury.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    And you know, Kelrugem - I just realized that I'm using your "Strain and Injury" version of the automation and overlays. Would that still cause this, I wonder? I'll run a test or two... but in case that's helpful, I love my strain/injury.
    I believe this shouldn't matter, but who knows

Did you check the /extensions folder as in my previous post? If yes, then the strainInjury code may indeed infringe with something (but let's hope that this is not the reason)

I'm in my extension folder - I see no entry there for "Advanced Effects" -

I see entries for "Full OverlayPackage.ext" (this one is not enabled when I load) and "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage with new icons.ext" (this one is enabled).

I'm in my extension folder - I see no entry there for "Advanced Effects" -

I see entries for "Full OverlayPackage.ext" (this one is not enabled when I load) and "StrainInjury with Full OverlayPackage with new icons.ext" (this one is enabled).
    Oki, I now tested; I fully updated to get Bmos's latest version, and it works for me, I do not get the error Can you try to update again? (beware, forge updates won't turn the update button red ) Maybe even try to delete the versions of my extension and redownload them via the update button

I also tested a few minutes ago and confirmed the two extensions are working together after getting updates today in my FGU install.

These are the reported versions on the console, in case that helps:

Advanced Effects - PFRPG and 3.5E v1.7-hotfix.1
    Extended automation, dated at 10 January 2022, for 3.5E and PFRPG rulesets, v. 4.1.13
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; January 18th, 2022 at 21:57.

Ugh - No joy. Got a clean reinstall on your extensions. I even bounced back and forth between the standard overlays with strain/injury and the alternatives. It must be another conflict buried in there somewhere - I don't want to waste your time, but for whatever reason, still getting the error when Advanced Effects is loaded when an attack is rolled. I'll keep trying some combos.

Ugh - No joy. Got a clean reinstall on your extensions. I even bounced back and forth between the standard overlays with strain/injury and the alternatives. It must be another conflict buried in there somewhere - I don't want to waste your time, but for whatever reason, still getting the error when Advanced Effects is loaded when an attack is rolled. I'll keep trying some combos.
    in the worst case, if you only use extensions from the forge now, completely erase the /extensions folder and then update again (or maybe even /vault one, too; but then the download may take a while) Maybe the download didn't go well

And no worries, we are here to help

My method for testing is far from scientific, and I realize I am on the fringe, but seems like I've reached a good place.

Here's what I did: I loaded the Full Overlay/Automation extension - AS WELL AS the Strain/Injury automation package - even though you (Kel) have always said you don't need both... well... in this case, it seems to have made it work. All effects are added to the CT and calculating without error.

So, in case anyone else is down this rabbit hole... this worked for me. Now... no one breathe too hard.

Long live the extensions! Thanks for the help.

My method for testing is far from scientific, and I realize I am on the fringe, but seems like I've reached a good place.

Here's what I did: I loaded the Full Overlay/Automation extension - AS WELL AS the Strain/Injury automation package - even though you (Kel) have always said you don't need both... well... in this case, it seems to have made it work. All effects are added to the CT and calculating without error.

So, in case anyone else is down this rabbit hole... this worked for me. Now... no one breathe too hard.

Long live the extensions! Thanks for the help.
    Hmm, but you should actually not need both since both are literally the same (with the difference of the HP rules) And I tested it just with StrainInjury and Advanced Effects and it worked for me, even without Full OverlayPackage, so, there might still be something going on in your setup which is just not visible now anymore (especially this error points towards something which may also affect other things later on)

(and I have a déja vu, I believe someone else did something similar and at some point we figured out what the problem was)

Do you maybe have also some unpacked extensions in the /extensions folder? Can you maybe send a screenshot of your /extensions folder? Then I can look

I just checked: It was actually you some months ago who had the problem with bugs when the Full OverlayPackage is not activated, too, and I am still puzzled about why this happens for you It may be that even a third extension plays into this problem. Certainly, if just advanced effects and StrainInjury is loaded you should not have any problem Also back then your problem was with respect to an error which pointed towards an older version like here, this is very strange

Besides a screenshot of your /extensions, can you also say/copy the messages of the extensions in the chat once you started your campaign?

(just if you have time and want to )

EDIT: But I am now going to bed, so, it may take a while until I can answer again
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 18th, 2022 at 23:02.

Thread Information