STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 23 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Huh. I never thought about such a use-case.
    For now, I'd suggest adding those effects to the weapons themselves with Action Only.
    I'll see about resolving at some point.
    I found that doing this for bows/crossbows was good, I put an effect on magical arrows that looks to see if the bow is active, and if it is it adds the atk and dmg to the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I found that doing this for bows/crossbows was good, I put an effect on magical arrows that looks to see if the bow is active, and if it is it adds the atk and dmg to the attack.
    Oh! For that you can use Ammunition Manager which combines with Advanced Effects to let you add action-only effects to ammunition.
    I'll still look at the issue you mentioned sometime too.
    Last edited by bmos; May 24th, 2022 at 12:36.

By any chance did you see the suggestion about feats, and special abilities? adding those to having effects that can be added to the combat tracker, along with enabling/disabling them?

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    By any chance did you see the suggestion about feats, and special abilities? adding those to having effects that can be added to the combat tracker, along with enabling/disabling them?
    Indeed! Here is the github issue tracking this:
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev...ects/issues/13

It was just added to 5E Advanced Effects and I hope to have time to implement it here soon.

Released v1.11 with ability to add effects to special abilities.
    These can be added to abilities and then the abilities can be exported to modules. In this way, modules can be created with pre-built automation of class features.

Ignore this post. It was a duplicate of the post below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dllewell; June 26th, 2022 at 03:28.

It does not appear that this parses out the [CL] or [HCL] effect. Is that correct or am I missing something?

In the screenshot below you can see that I have included the same effect in two places. Once in the Advanced Effects section and once in the Actions Tab.

The Action Tab effect parses out the [CL] tag but the Advanced Effects effect does not.

I assume that this is because the Advanced Effects effects is not tied to a specific Spell Class so doesn't know what the [CL] is?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Released v1.11 with ability to add effects to special abilities.
    These can be added to abilities and then the abilities can be exported to modules. In this way, modules can be created with pre-built automation of class features.
    It does not appear that this new feature works for NPCs.

I have added an effect to a Special Ability.
    I then drag that Special Ability to the Abilities Tab --> Racial Traits section of the Character sheet.
    I also the same Special Ability to the Other Tab on the NPC sheet. Is that the right place to drag it? I don't see anywhere else it could go. There is 'Effect Features' section on the Main Tab of the NPC sheet but it doesn't appear that I can drop the Special Ability here.

Once both of those creatures are dropped onto the Combat Tracker the Character automatically gets the effect but the NPC does not.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    It does not appear that this new feature works for NPCs.

I have added an effect to a Special Ability.
    I then drag that Special Ability to the Abilities Tab --> Racial Traits section of the Character sheet.
    I also the same Special Ability to the Other Tab on the NPC sheet. Is that the right place to drag it? I don't see anywhere else it could go. There is 'Effect Features' section on the Main Tab of the NPC sheet but it doesn't appear that I can drop the Special Ability here.

Once both of those creatures are dropped onto the Combat Tracker the Character automatically gets the effect but the NPC does not.

Didn't think about that use-case, how interesting.
    The update yesterday was just looking at PCs. It might be possible to get a list of all the linked special abilities in NPC notes and do the same... My only worry is when those abilities are already incorporated into an NPC's statblock.
    Last edited by bmos; June 26th, 2022 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    The Action Tab effect parses out the [CL] tag but the Advanced Effects effect does not.

I assume that this is because the Advanced Effects effects is not tied to a specific Spell Class so doesn't know what the [CL] is?
    Correct. Do you have a proposed solution? I could have it use LVL in that situation, but I worry that mistakes wouldn't be noticed.

Thread Information