DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 23 First ... 91718192021 ... Last
    Could there be a master/default CL we could edit. And that on the action tab, the CL set there would override the default value
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Correct. Do you have a proposed solution? I could have it use LVL in that situation, but I worry that mistakes wouldn't be noticed.
    Would it be possible to check for spell classes and if they all have the same Caster Level use it? Then if they don't have a Spell Class, or if they have multiple spell classes with different caster levels use the [LVL] instead?

I do share your concerns about mistakes not being noticed but I wonder if this is offset by the fact that if someone is specifically using an effect that has [CL] in it they very likely have at least one Spell Class set up.

Certainly not a perfect option, but maybe a viable one?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Didn't think about that use-case, how interesting.
    The update yesterday was just looking at PCs. It might be possible to get a list of all the linked special abilities in NPC notes and do the same... My only worry is when those abilities are already incorporated into an NPC's statblock.
    I can see your concern. That is actually an issue I ran into with Kel's Extended Automation. When I was creating the effects for the PFRPG - Bestiary I was finding that a lot of the effects I had manually created were already being handled by Kel's extension, so I was getting duplicates. Ultimately I was quite happy to remove the manually created duplicate effects and moving forward it made my life much easier as I didn't have to take the time to add those effects to new monsters.

In my opinion, it would be the same with this. I would much rather take the time to edit the Feats and Special Abilities once and then be able to drag them to an NPC, as opposed to having to create the effect manually for each NPC that had that special ability.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I can see your concern. That is actually an issue I ran into with Kel's Extended Automation. When I was creating the effects for the PFRPG - Bestiary I was finding that a lot of the effects I had manually created were already being handled by Kel's extension, so I was getting duplicates. Ultimately I was quite happy to remove the manually created duplicate effects and moving forward it made my life much easier as I didn't have to take the time to add those effects to new monsters.

In my opinion, it would be the same with this. I would much rather take the time to edit the Feats and Special Abilities once and then be able to drag them to an NPC, as opposed to having to create the effect manually for each NPC that had that special ability.
    In that case, the best approach would probably be to add an "abilities" tab to NPCs.

The "advanced effect" part doesn't parse any sheet-related values(CL, LVL, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA, for example). You can set an item to give you a +2 to wisdom "WIS: 2", but you can't set it as "add your str bonus to concentration "(SKIL: [STR] concentration)"

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    The "advanced effect" part doesn't parse any sheet-related values(CL, LVL, STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA, for example). You can set an item to give you a +2 to wisdom "WIS: 2", but you can't set it as "add your str bonus to concentration "(SKIL: [STR] concentration)"
    That's actually not true anymore! Someone implemented it for most things (just not CL because it's not in a spell class). I think it was MostTornBrain?

Then I will try it out O_O

Ok it does, but if I for any reason cycle the "type" until it hits "susceptibility", it defaults it as "immune: acid" and overrides anything else I do. Also the types "save" and "ability" do nothing. Dunno about "miscellaneous" and "tag only" since once I get to "susceptibility" it gets stuck there

I always forget the effect builder stuff is in there.
    For now I recommend you write them manually.
    I'll try to figure out why that stuff isn't working right.

EDIT:
    Advanced Effects for Pathfinder v1.12
    * Effect builder now works again.
    * Misc attack bonuses can now apply only to melee or attack.
    * Effects can now be dragged into advanced effect windows.
    * Advanced effects can now be dragged out (drag the details button).
    * Removed a ton of unused code.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; June 27th, 2022 at 23:11.

The advanced effects are no longer getting applied when I add a PC to the CT, neither from the combat tab nor the Abilities, Feats, etc. I'm using the 3.5E ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    The advanced effects are no longer getting applied when I add a PC to the CT, neither from the combat tab nor the Abilities, Feats, etc. I'm using the 3.5E ruleset.
    Do you have any other extensions loaded? I just tested it on the latest LIVE build of FG and it's working on my end.
    Last edited by bmos; July 23rd, 2022 at 19:55.

Thread Information