FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 23 First ... 111920212223 Last

FHEAL causes extension script error

Hi

I have been having some serious issues with FGU since 4.3.3 but it seems to all come down to this extension.

It prevents the FHEAL effect from working. Once the combat tracker turn is ended and the next creature needs to have FHEAL applied (if they have damage) the effect does not work and triggers a console error.

This has the subsequent effect of being unable to apply or remove effects in the combat tracker using buttons on character sheets or even drag and drop. Also, if an effect is meant to expire it would not and just stayed at duration 1 round remaining.

Initially it was the Extended automation error that came up - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

When I turned this extension off, I then got this error when triggering the same event - Script execution error: [string "..PG-Advanced-Effects:..ipts/manager_AE.lua"]:577: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

After turning off the Advanced Effects extension everything is working. I then turned on the Extended Automation extension and it is still working correctly.

I have attached the two compiled log files from my latest tests. If there is anything else you need to help with this please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Hi

I have been having some serious issues with FGU since 4.3.3 but it seems to all come down to this extension.

It prevents the FHEAL effect from working. Once the combat tracker turn is ended and the next creature needs to have FHEAL applied (if they have damage) the effect does not work and triggers a console error.

This has the subsequent effect of being unable to apply or remove effects in the combat tracker using buttons on character sheets or even drag and drop. Also, if an effect is meant to expire it would not and just stayed at duration 1 round remaining.

Initially it was the Extended automation error that came up - [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

When I turned this extension off, I then got this error when triggering the same event - Script execution error: [string "..PG-Advanced-Effects:..ipts/manager_AE.lua"]:577: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

After turning off the Advanced Effects extension everything is working. I then turned on the Extended Automation extension and it is still working correctly.

I have attached the two compiled log files from my latest tests. If there is anything else you need to help with this please let me know.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Thanks for the report!
    Looks like this has probably been broken for some time, although perhaps there was some change in 4.3.3 or the new ruleset versions that revealed the weakness.
    Anyway, now it works
    Last edited by bmos; February 26th, 2023 at 04:25.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    Looks like this has probably been broken for some time, although perhaps there was some change in 4.3.3 or the new ruleset versions that revealed the weakness.
    Anyway, now it works

No, it looks like it still isn't. I just now updated and tested again.
    Perhaps I worded my previous post poorly. I believe that the error is only occurring when the Advanced Effects extension is active.

No, it looks like it still isn't. I just now updated and tested again.
    Perhaps I worded my previous post poorly. I believe that the error is only occurring when the Advanced Effects extension is active.
    Yeah, that's how I tested it. Just AE and with an effect on a character with FHEAL only.
    The same script error is... not possible with the latest code changes.
    So either I messed up publishing it or the script error would have to be different now.
    I just tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. I'll re-push the update and if you still get an error please let me know what it says now
    Last edited by bmos; February 26th, 2023 at 12:27.

I am still getting the [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"] when dragging damage onto a anything from the chat box.
    i just wanted to check what current build number Advanced effects is just to make sure i have downloaded the right one

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    I am still getting the [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"] when dragging damage onto a anything from the chat box.
    i just wanted to check what current build number Advanced effects is just to make sure i have downloaded the right one
    v1.18-hotfix.1 is the latest

I think this error is coming from your amazing extension when I open the widow to add an effect to an npc
    [2/27/2023 1:47:18 AM] [ERROR] window: Control (contentanchor) anchoring to an undefined control (title) in windowclass (advanced_effect_editor)

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yeah, that's how I tested it. Just AE and with an effect on a character with FHEAL only.
    The same script error is... not possible with the latest code changes.
    So either I messed up publishing it or the script error would have to be different now.
    I just tried to reproduce the issue, but couldn't. I'll re-push the update and if you still get an error please let me know what it says now

Hi again, I just got a chance to test again with new hotfix version.

Testing with the hotfix version active and the Extended Automation and Overlays disabled - works without error.

Testing with Extended Automation and Overlays enabled and Advanced Effects disabled - works without error.

Testing with both enabled still gives this: Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

Note that to get this error to generate put 2 creatures in the combat tracker A and B.

Give B FHEAL: 5 (or any value) and ALSO give it some wounds. If there are no wounds it does not fail.

Set the turn to A and then hit the end turn on the tracker - instead of the turn ending and B healing, there will be a note about FHEAL in the chat, and the console will come up with an error. From that point on any effects cannot be added or removed with buttons from the tracker.

I have attached another set of logs, can also report in the Extended Automation if you need me to?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi again, I just got a chance to test again with new hotfix version.

Testing with the hotfix version active and the Extended Automation and Overlays disabled - works without error.

Testing with Extended Automation and Overlays enabled and Advanced Effects disabled - works without error.

Testing with both enabled still gives this: Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..ger_action_damage.lua"]:278: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

Note that to get this error to generate put 2 creatures in the combat tracker A and B.

Give B FHEAL: 5 (or any value) and ALSO give it some wounds. If there are no wounds it does not fail.

Set the turn to A and then hit the end turn on the tracker - instead of the turn ending and B healing, there will be a note about FHEAL in the chat, and the console will come up with an error. From that point on any effects cannot be added or removed with buttons from the tracker.

I have attached another set of logs, can also report in the Extended Automation if you need me to?
    Ah, looks like Kel's extension needed to be patched also. I have submitted a fix there. Thanks for the added detail.

Hi,
    Having a small problem. I trying to code a bane weapon, I'm using
    IFT: TYPE (demon); ATK:2; DMG: 2+2d6
    The attack works but the damage doesn't. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Kelly

Thread Information