DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 23 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    Kel could probably tell us if this is entirely true, but you should probably only have one or the other of the extended automation extensions loaded and not both.
    Yes, just one needed, depending on what type of overlays one wants However, it should not hurt to have both loaded (but also not useful), but I think the alternative overlays have higher loadorder I think, so, one always has then the overlays of tahl_liadon

Seems to be an incompatibility with the latest version of "Extended Automation and Overlays" (released today on the Forge). Any attempt to roll an attack against a target gets the following Lua error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:361: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)

If I unload the "Advanced Effects" extension attacks work properly. I am suspecting the Extended Automation and Overlays is expecting some extra return data from some functions it overrides that maybe Advanced Effects also overrides? But that's just a guess on my part - I didn't look at the code yet.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MostTornBrain View Post
    Seems to be an incompatibility with the latest version of "Extended Automation and Overlays" (released today on the Forge). Any attempt to roll an attack against a target gets the following Lua error:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:361: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value)

If I unload the "Advanced Effects" extension attacks work properly. I am suspecting the Extended Automation and Overlays is expecting some extra return data from some functions it overrides that maybe Advanced Effects also overrides? But that's just a guess on my part - I didn't look at the code yet.
    EDIT: scratch what I wrote below. There's more changes needed than that to get the two extensions to coexist.

I looked at it in a bit more detail. Seems the function "getEffectsByType_kel()" in manager_AE.lua needs a small update comparing it to the the getEffectByType() function in Kel's extension. A few function calls (checkConditional()) now has a couple extra arguments. I just merged those lines into a test copy of Advanced Effects and it appears to work -at least attacks no longer throw errors, but I haven't checked the numbers extensively for other potential breakages.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; January 11th, 2022 at 02:53.

EDIT: scratch what I wrote below. There's more changes needed than that to get the two extensions to coexist.

I looked at it in a bit more detail. Seems the function "getEffectsByType_kel()" in manager_AE.lua needs a small update comparing it to the the getEffectByType() function in Kel's extension. A few function calls (checkConditional()) now has a couple extra arguments. I just merged those lines into a test copy of Advanced Effects and it appears to work -at least attacks no longer throw errors, but I haven't checked the numbers extensively for other potential breakages.
    Ok, I got the two extensions to work together. There was a second function, hasEffect_kel() which now needed to return 2 values rather than one, and the calls to checkConditional needed to be updated similary to what was needed to be done for getEffectsByType_kel(). Comparing to Kel's implementation into manager_effects_35E.lua was what I used as a reference.

Cheers,
    Brian

Ok, I got the two extensions to work together. There was a second function, hasEffect_kel() which now needed to return 2 values rather than one, and the calls to checkConditional needed to be updated similary to what was needed to be done for getEffectsByType_kel(). Comparing to Kel's implementation into manager_effects_35E.lua was what I used as a reference.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Indeed, I need to update a couple extensions now that Kel has had a chance to push updates.
    I just updated my Extended Natural, Shield, and Armor AC Bonus Types Extension and hope to get to Advanced Effects tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue!

+1 to this - seeing the same issue. Both of these extensions are SUPER handy.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    +1 to this - seeing the same issue. Both of these extensions are SUPER handy.
    To clarify, updating to the latest version in the Forge now resolves the issue.

Cheers,
    Brian

Cheers,
    Brian
    A relief to hear, thanks MostTornBrain! Forgot to update my post to say it had been fixed.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Sorry to say that is NOT my experience. Just did an update and reloaded... still kicking the same error.

To see if it would help, I disabled the extension in the Forge, then re-enabled it.
    According to the load screen script it looks like I'm using version v1.7-hotfix 1 -- is that the latest?

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Sorry to say that is NOT my experience. Just did an update and reloaded... still kicking the same error.

To see if it would help, I disabled the extension in the Forge, then re-enabled it.
    According to the load screen script it looks like I'm using version v1.7-hotfix 1 -- is that the latest?
    Make sure you do not have a copy of this extension in the /extensions directory Bmos's extensions now load into the vault directory, but every copy of an extension in /extensions overwrites vault versions (and hence, preventing updates to be applied)

Thread Information