STAR TREK 2d20

REQUEST - Ammunitiion Table - Deadlands: Reloaded Player's Guide

The "Deadlands: Reloaded Player's Guide" has this Ammunition table included:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.13.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.13.49 AM.png

However, it is not on the Items table. I can create and share entries:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.28.58 AM.png

but it would be ideal if this data were included with the module.

Blog Entries
    Ammunition could potentially be included in the 'Common Goods' list if the developer chooses to revisit that. In the meantime, two solutions immediately come to mind.

First, since you had the master Items window pulled up, you can simply choose the 'Ammunition' category in the 'Group' filter, like so:

Or, second, also from the master Items window, click the smaller 'Item' button at the top of the window and that will bring up a type-sorted list of every item you have loaded. From there you can shrink everything and just browse the Ammunition section:

Your players can do both of these too, it's not a GM-only function.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Probably need to check with developer, especially since the SWADE update is coming up in 6 months and they will likely be busy with that.

The 2nd picture is a static hard coded table created by developer, while the ITEM window is a dynamic table that reads and sorts the item objects.

They probably didn't or missed creating them as actual item objects within the code, probably because it would be messing trying to get it to code correctly on the weight. Since its largely just tracking inventory, money, and weight. They probably just meant to leave it up to players to code and track since the weight is kinda messy for a lot of them.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    After noticing in my screenshot there that all ammo was from the Player's Guide I poked around in the source and turns out the original developer never bothered making the DLR ammo at all. Not sure if @Ikael would be into adding it at this point since, as @Mgrancey mentions, ammo "items" are mostly just informational; it's the weapon stats that do damage and track ammo count, plus the new Deadlands will be out Soon™.

Huh... so I wasn't blind!

I'm about to try my hand at Deadlands and spent an eternity finding a list over ammunition. I found that very odd, since Savage Worlds usually is just about the best made ruleset out there.

I'm not too fussed to be honest. Personally I don't care about tracking ammunition. I don't feel like micromanaging bullet sized items, when I am focussed on telling a great story. Some of my players are more... managerial. If they wanna do it, they have space for notes on their sheets, is all I am saying to them.

Just found it funny that I had just yesterday run into this "problem".

In PDF/book, that table is all there really is for ammo and really unless ammo is rare or you are playing a more gritty, realistic campaign. SW in general is focused on F,F,&F and less on inventory and weight.

I did ammo objects in S&R Catalog but that was because they have additional effects over, yes you have ammo to shot your gun(s).
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information