Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Whatever <position> values are put in the second <die> tag are what are used..
    This is because <die name="d4"> is unique within the FG environment and so overwrites/merges with any previous uses of that - and this true for all root level XML tag/name combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I added some Debug.chat calls and best I can tell the <script> is never called.
    customdie has a script, not die (because that isn't custom and so doesn't need a script to change the value): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/customdie.xcp

I don't think you'll be able to use modes="host" as this is reserved for desktop panels: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/panel.xcp But, hey, give it a quick go.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    what about changing the first line <die name="d4" mode="host"> and a duplicate d4 control which has the mode "client"? scratch the script stuff.
    I tried it. No luck. It appears to completely ignore the mode statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    customdie has a script, not die (because that isn't custom and so doesn't need a script to change the value): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/customdie.xcp
    I looked at that but I don't believe it will work. From reading the description this doesn't create a new dice that could be put on the screen. It adds an option to an existing dice.

For example. There is code in the gamelements.xml file of the CoreRPG ruleset that uses <customdie> to create a "d3" and "d2"

Code:
    <customdie name="d3">
    		<model>d6</model>
    		<menuicon>customdice</menuicon>
    		<script>
    			function onValue(result)
    				return math.ceil(result/2);
    			end
    		</script>
    	</customdie>
    	<customdie name="d2">
    		<model>d6</model>
    		<script>
    			function onValue(result)
    				return math.ceil(result/3);
    			end
    		</script>
    	</customdie>
    You can see that by right-clicking the 6 Sided die to bring up the radial menu. It has a 'custom die' option which you can click on. That will bring up the "d2" and "d3" custom dice.

customdie.jpg

I did confirm this by adding a custom "d5" die and confirming that it showed up under the custom die radial of the "d10"

Code:
    	<customdie name="d5">
    		<model>d10</model>
        <script>
    			function onValue(result)
    				return math.ceil(result/2);
    			end
        </script>
    	</customdie>
    I really do appreciate the suggestions. I'm beginning to feel like the '***' in the room. You keep coming up with ideas and I keep saying 'nope, nope, nope'.

Blog Entries
    Testing and finding out stuff doesnt work is still both useful and a learning experience.
    It would be nicer if it did work but sometimes there isnt an answer.

The other thing that might be possible - if you can find where the Arrange Dice info is stored on your computer.
    But damned if I can locate it!
    Maybe it is only stored in Memory....

Re customdie. So sorry, I wasn't suggesting to use that. I was just referencing where a script could be associated with a die, I wasn't saying that it would allow you to do what you want. Sorry for wasting your time.

I really don't think you have an option here.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 14th, 2020 at 08:37.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Maybe it is only stored in Memory....
    Yep, it is. It resets when you reload your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Re customdie. So sorry, I wasn't suggesting to use that. I was just referencing where a script could be associated with a die, I wasn't saying that it would allow you to do what you want. Sorry for wasting your time.

I really don't think you have an option here.
    Oh, OK. No worries. It gave me the opportunity to learn a little more by trying out that code. So, in my mind, no time was wasted.

You mentioned that players cannot unload extensions.

Do players need to download/purchase extensions that the GM has in his installation? Or, do they get downloaded to their instance much like book content, and unloaded upon exit?

Reason I ask, is that I have purchased a few 5e extensions that help with effects like Luck, or other Bardish-like effects, and will my Bardish player, who didn't purchase them, still have "access" to them?

Blog Entries
    The GM loads the extensions so their players only get whatever the GM decides.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    You players will be fine. Extensions change the ruleset code, so when your players connect to your game, they will download your extension modified code. It all goes in their campaign cache on the player computer.

You purchase the extensions, all your players have access to the new functions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by lordentrails View Post
    you players will be fine. Extensions change the ruleset code, so when your players connect to your game, they will download your extension modified code. It all goes in their campaign cache on the player computer.

You purchase the extensions, all your players have access to the new functions.
    Awesome! ( I was kind of counting on this! )
    Last edited by Tuleen Donai; June 18th, 2020 at 16:33.

Thread Information