Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    You can just left click and hold then right click on the damage for the spell to add dice to the roll for an up-cast spell. Each right click will add another die to the roll.

@jrowsey1 Thank you for that note, wasn't aware that the damage would do that! That helps make it easier for my players to handle it themselves, versus me telling them to just roll another d# to add to the damage manually!

Thanks @jrowsey that's an awesome tip !

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    You can just left click and hold then right click on the damage for the spell to add dice to the roll for an up-cast spell. Each right click will add another die to the roll.
    Its handy, but not perfect. It doesn't add the additional modifiers for things like Magic Missile for example.

So bear that in mind and you, as DM will still need to do some minor alterations, but at least the players have some agency

Alternately you can code the higher effect into the higher spell slot - like Beyond does. More initial work, but less to forget later

Will be great when this is done, but until then...

Will this be FG unity compatible and compatible with critically awesome essentials and Rob Twohy effects compatible and Mad Nomad's Automatic Actions Tab Additions extn etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post

5E - Cast at a Higher level - Cast spells at a higher level and automatically tick off the spell slot (coming soon)

Hi all,

So my computer died when I was in the middle of coding an update for my other extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ontested-skill) and because I hadnt saved the code to a cloud, I decided to wait until it was fixed to go back and work on that.

So for the last few days I have been working on another extension using my laptop , which is Cast at a higher level. The idea is to allow you to cast a spell at a higher level if available.

I am going to label this as ALPHA for now and I am close to a first release, but as I have to also recreate my campaign and notes for my players it may still be a few more days.
    Do you need any alpha/beta testers? I am not new to testing, but am newer to FG in general. I have a Unity Ultimate license and would be willing to participate in any testing you may need done. Half of my party are spell casters.

Fantasy Grounds 'Advanced Spell Damage' extension was released on the DMs Guild a few days ago. Seems to do a similar thing to the one Houndy was working on allowing casting at higher levels. Has a few kinks that hopefully will be ironed out but seems to work after removing and adding your spells back into your character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    Fantasy Grounds 'Advanced Spell Damage' extension was released on the DMs Guild a few days ago. Seems to do a similar thing to the one Houndy was working on allowing casting at higher levels. Has a few kinks that hopefully will be ironed out but seems to work after removing and adding your spells back into your character sheet.
    So Extn clashing with Rob2E and Friends Extns - Anyone tried with Critically Awesome Essentials ? plus Mad Nomads Character Sheet Tweaks and Automatic Action Tabs

I think I'm asking for trouble having these all running and modifying the Character sheets...

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    So Extn clashing with Rob2E and Friends Extns - Anyone tried with Critically Awesome Essentials ? plus Mad Nomads Character Sheet Tweaks and Automatic Action Tabs
    They all seem to be working well together for me, although I haven't stress tested them.

Since it takes some time for @Houndy to finish the extension, I have written my own that automates part of the task - expending spell slots.
    Please check it out here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...864#post541864

However, looking forward to this extension superseding mine!

Thread Information