Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: localhost

localhost

Hello

Whenever I try to join a game on localhost, I get an error. What am I doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Localhost is only used when trying to join from the same computer as the host instance of FG. If you aren't on the same PC, but the same network (i.e. same house) you use the internal IP address.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    Localhost is only used when trying to join from the same computer as the host instance of FG. If you aren't on the same PC, but the same network (i.e. same house) you use the internal IP address.
    Hello Mortar

I am using the same PC as a host. I know. It's weird. I even tried using the IP 127.0.0.1

Blog Entries
    Which client are you using?

Where exactly are typing it in and what are you typing?

I just checked on both clients and had no issue
    Ultimate License Holder

I typed in localhost in the Host Address field. I am not sure what you mean by client.

Hello damned

I am not trying to connect to anyone's game. I am trying to connect to my local host. Just so you know, I tried the same thing on both of my computers and the result was the same. Also, I tried to test the connection on both computers. One succeeded and one failed. Help.

I am sorry. I forgot to mention that I wasn't having any problems with Fantasy Grounds until I just updated it yesterday. The computer I updated was the one that failed the connection and the one that succeeded was the computer I didn't update.

Blog Entries
    Localhost is a special mode designed for the GM to be able to see the player view on their GM computer.

The GM starts up Fantasy Grounds and Loads a Campaign.
    They then start a second instance of FG and choose Join Game and use localhost as the address
    This will connect to the running instance on the same computer and will bypass the license comparison.
    The second instance must connect to the first, not the other way around.

Port forwarding can only work to one computer.
    The connection test has nothing to do with localhost connections.

What is it you are trying to achieve?

I get it now. I loaded up a campaign. Then I started a second instance of FG and joined using localhost. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much guys. One last thing, should I be worried about the failed connection test?

Thread Information