5E Character Create Playlist

Hierarchical Sharing

I have run into an issue when sharing a "shop" I created as shown in the attached image.

I created a Story that contains the Shop. Within the Shop are many different Items the PC's can choose. When I share the "Shop" the PC's can see the items but can not read about the items by selecting the "i". I must share each of the items for the PC's to read about the items. It is tedious sharing all those items. Is there an extension that will allow a hierarchical share where the sharing the Parent will also share the Children?

shareshop.jpg

If you use items from a module that is shared with the players (like the PHB) then when they click the items it should open the item.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I have run into an issue when sharing a "shop" I created as shown in the attached image.

I created a Story that contains the Shop. Within the Shop are many different Items the PC's can choose. When I share the "Shop" the PC's can see the items but can not read about the items by selecting the "i". I must share each of the items for the PC's to read about the items. It is tedious sharing all those items. Is there an extension that will allow a hierarchical share where the sharing the Parent will also share the Children?

shareshop.jpg
    You could export the content to a player module. I would recommend development of these sort of things in a separate development campaign for export. It will save you seeing double entries as DM and also keep your content separate so you can use it in other campaigns without getting your live campaign data entangled with the content you want in your player module.

You can export to a module from the library, export is on the bottom. It's a really great feature I make extensive use of.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    You could export the content to a player module. I would recommend development of these sort of things in a separate development campaign for export. It will save you seeing double entries as DM and also keep your content separate so you can use it in other campaigns without getting your live campaign data entangled with the content you want in your player module.

You can export to a module from the library, export is on the bottom. It's a really great feature I make extensive use of.
    I was thinking of making a module but then the players would have to look for the module and load it which is some extra steps I was trying to avoid. I'll try both module creation and also sharing the PHB. Ether way the players will have to load modules so I might as well get them trained on it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The players will be missing out on a lot if they do not have access to the players handbook.
    I agree but I am using Unity and trying to keep my modules removed during play because it causes Unity to hang often. I'm looking forward to this being fixed so I don't stress out every module I load.

Thread Information