FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I am very reluctant (in fact I don't think it is even something I would consider at all) to go back and remove content from the DM books since by doing so it will break any characters created with those books. The fallout from that I believe would be far greater than the fallout from people wanting the player material not being in the DM modules.

It would be great if we all had crystal balls to be able to see what might happen in the future but we don't; so I think we need to live with what has gone in the past. Having said that who knows how characters will be built in the future and whether the current way of doing things will change sufficiently for this kind of issue to not be - well - an issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I am very reluctant (in fact I don't think it is even something I would consider at all) to go back and remove content from the DM books since by doing so it will break any characters created with those books. The fallout from that I believe would be far greater than the fallout from people wanting the player material not being in the DM modules.
    I hadn't realized this would cause character breakage, which is certainly worse than the status quo. It does make it doubly unfortunate that there are now published books using both models since it's not possible to bring them into alignment and this is surely a case where either is better than both. I'd still advocate to at least document the variation in loading patterns in the store page since it's so difficult to discover independently.

Moving the source of information could be a simple conversion of the character sheet. There is already some conversion while going to FGU. That way the characters won’t break. One would only have to:
    - edit all content
    - write a conversion script
    - solve the bugs
    Mmm, maybe not worth the hassle.

Thread Information