DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    For spells, I just straight copy/pasted from the OSR into a Spell Entry. Usually handle everything manually.
    If there are rolls, I'll make a roll just like I do with character sheets (it's the same dice engine as attacks/damage).

Capture.jpg

When I try to add and OSE NPC's to an encounter it will not let me and I get the following error: IS there a known fix? Capture.png

Quote Originally Posted by Durhazz View Post
    When I try to add and OSE NPC's to an encounter it will not let me and I get the following error: IS there a known fix? Capture.png
    There isn’t because it’s an OSE extension error. I do not why since the MoreCore functionality works as it should, without the extension running. If the extension is overriding the MC one, it might be possible to remove the overriding file and see if that works. I’d have to do some sleuthing to find out where this function is enabled in code.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    There isn’t because it’s an OSE extension error. I do not why since the MoreCore functionality works as it should, without the extension running. If the extension is overriding the MC one, it might be possible to remove the overriding file and see if that works. I’d have to do some sleuthing to find out where this function is enabled in code.
    If you manage to get that working that would be awesome! Thanks as always friend.

So, I am having trouble finding where in the files the code for handling encounters is, since the error message is referring to a .lua file that doesn't seem to exist?

"Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/encounter_npclist.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'addLinkToBattle' (a nil value)"

I had assumed it was a problem in the OSE Extension but searching for "encounter_npclist.lua" string or any variation of that in the Extension director doesn't find any reference to it. It also doesn't show up in a search of the MoreCore Ruleset OR the entire Fantasy Grounds installation folder.

Here's the SUPER weird part (and I am hoping @Damned or whoever is writing/working on MoreCore can answer this question):

If I run MoreCore native, without OSE, and I have a module with all my OSE NPCs, I can create Encounters with them that work within the Combat Tracker.

IF I exit out, and run the OSE extenion, the Encounters panel will still have my encounter available and it will drop in to the Combat Tracker without errors.

I should note that the problem isn't Creating A New Encounter (that works and you can name it, etc.) The error occurs when you drag and drop an NPC into it so whatever code is responsible for adding/updating a list (for encounters) seems to be the issue.

---------------------------

Now, it's a SUPER PITA workaround to build all your encounters OUTSIDE of OSE and then enable OSE when you want to play but that's one way that appears to work.

If anyone who knows MoreCore well can direct me to what code files are responsible for Encounter handling, it'd be appreciated.

Maybe it's handled in the CoreRPG.pak? I don't know.

But seeing that it works with the OSE extension OFF, makes me believe that some file within OSE is overriding MoreCore's ability to handle encounters properly.

If I can find that, then I know how to fix it.
    Last edited by Stitched; August 1st, 2021 at 05:13.

Great work again! That is not ideal but at least it is a solid work around.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If someone links me to all the files they are using and the exact steps to reproduce Ill have a look at it.
    Check your inbox. Can use that .mod file for testing.

I have another error. When I use the MoreCore Dungeon theme i get this error:Capture.png any know fixes or work arounds? This error only occurs on log in to FGU.
    Last edited by Durhazz; August 3rd, 2021 at 06:39. Reason: Added more information

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Check your inbox. Can use that .mod file for testing.
    I need the MOD file, I need you to link me to the versions of all extensions you are loading and I need you to describe how to generate the error please.

Thread Information