DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 14 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Idward View Post
    I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. I am not able to set the CT: Initiative Dice Size to D6. I can do d10, d100, d20, d12, or 2d10.
    Not sure if it's a bug but IF you unzip the MoreCore.pak file (under rulesets) into it's own MoreCore folder, you will be able to access ALL the dice that are available for rolling initiative; including d6.

Why? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Not sure if it's a bug but IF you unzip the MoreCore.pak file (under rulesets) into it's own MoreCore folder, you will be able to access ALL the dice that are available for rolling initiative; including d6.

Why? I have no idea.
    I too can't get the initiative to be a D6. Can you please walk me through your solution? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Durhazz View Post
    I too can't get the initiative to be a D6. Can you please walk me through your solution? Thank you
    In your Fantasy Grounds data folder (it's "C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds" for me)

It will look something like this (where all your campaigns, extensions, and rulesets install to.

Capture.PNG

*** Under "rulesets", you see a bunch of .pak files. Use UnRar or 7Zip (or other zip file utility) and unzip the MoreCore.pak file into a folder called "MoreCore". (it is entirely possible you don't need to make this step).

Launch Fantasy Grounds

Under Campaign Options (Gear shaped icon or labelled "Opt" - upper right hand corner of the interface), open it, and scroll down to "CT: Initiative Dice Size" and use the left arrow to change the dice until you see "d6" (using the right arrow or clicking the window doesn't seem to show that as an option).
    Last edited by Stitched; July 20th, 2021 at 04:46.

It worked! Thank you! Now if I can only figure out how to get my stat bonuses to add to my attack rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    From what i can see of your screenshot it does not look like you have used what I posted above.
    Drag your Str (or Dex or whatever) modifier field into Ref Field A.
    Enable Parameters
    Hide P2 and P3
    Paste
    /thac0 1d20x[(p1)-(a)]
    in Param Formula
    Then add your THAC0 value in p1
    I am having the same problem. I have copied and pasted your steps above and it still will not add the stat modifier to the attack rolls. Can you walk me through it? Thank you.

It worked! Thank you! Now if I can only figure out how to get my stat bonuses to add to my attack rolls.
    Depending on what kind of attack, I use this:

For melee: /thac0 1d20+(a)x(b) :
    Where (a) is dragging your Strength modifier into Ref Field A
    Where (b) is dragging your Thac0 into Ref Field B

For ranged: /thac0 1d20x(a) :
    Where (a) is dragging your Dex modifier into Ref Field A

You can do the same for damage rolls : /dbdamage (dice) + Attribute modifier dragged into Ref Field A

Once you create these, you can copy/drag them onto other PC sheets (or create it under Rolls and drag from there)
    Last edited by Stitched; July 20th, 2021 at 07:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    Depending on what kind of attack, I use this:

For melee: /thac0 d1d20+(a)x(b) :
    Where (a) is dragging your Strength modifier into Ref Field A

For ranged: /thac0 d120x(a) :
    Where (a) is dragging your Dex modifier into Ref Field A

You can do the same for damage rolls : /dbdamage (dice) + Attribute modifier dragged into Ref Field A

Once you create these, you can copy/drag them onto other PC sheets (or create it under Rolls and drag from there)
    You are a hero! It still is not working for me though. I tried to make an attack with the instructions you gave and it is showing an error.

* Noticed I made mistakes in your quoted reply. I've corrected the original msg but it should be correct in the image below *

Capture.PNG

Make sure you are changing the formula under "Param Formula" and not "Dice String", otherwise it won't work.

Drag the attribute modifier and THAC0 in the Ref Fields like the image shows.

Backstab is special because it adds an extra "bonus" to attack. For regular attacks, you still use the /thac0 1d20+(a)x(b) formula.
    Last edited by Stitched; July 20th, 2021 at 07:09.

Capture.png

I took a screen shot. It is only rolling a 2. IDK what I am doing wrong. Thanks again man.

Capture.png

I took a screen shot. It is only rolling a 2. IDK what I am doing wrong. Thanks again man.
    I made a mistake in typing the syntax (which I later corrected)

Your roll should read :

/thac0 1d20+(a)x(b)

Just remove the extra 'd' from it before the '1d20' and it should work.

Thread Information