STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 14 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Adding the monsters as NPC's with MoreCore rolls integration is a much slower process. I'm going through the monster SRD and adding the ones that fit my jungle wilderness hex crawl campaign first.

I'm also *painfully* teaching myself XML and Lua and trying to learn how the themes extensions work. I've started some custom artwork for character sheets.

Idk when to expect the full monster list, but I'll rezip the files once I finish the ones I need for Fridays game.

What's been the standard way of handling OGL content that's shared, make a Story that's states all content is from Necrotic Gnome's SRD and include a copy of updated OGL?

Yeah.

I was asking the most common way of doing that.

Blog Entries
    A single Story entry is the most common way.
    If you create a reference Manual (using Author) then make sure you include it in the RefMan too.

Screenshot 2021-04-12 152418.png

Teaser of the format I'm using for the NPC's. Descending AC & THAC0 for max compatibility with BX content, using the /thac0 roll.

Do any of the mods contain Spells?

I am actually only looking for inspiration - I like what I saw on Low Fantasy, but I wanted to see if anyone did anything for OSE - even a couple spells - heck even one although a couple would be better so I can see how they approached spells with damage, effects or savable (half/none/etc) effects. I don't expect full automation - just wanted to see how people address this topic.

If there is a copyright issue - simply posting a couple examples with entries text changes to mostly "blah blah" but the roll strings chosen being there would work to start.

I liked what the poster did with NPCs and putting their treasure table on the NPC to be rolled. My system does not have that per se.

I meant to see if anyone did anything relying to it

Like, add to mods block a 1/2 so when you roll a damage roller it applies 1/2 is one that comes to mind (not sure if doable easily, suspect it is - the most annoying pet is the modifier block at bottom like *2, +5 etc you see on some Rulesets.

But mainly wanted to see how people approach creating spells for MC based rulesets - otherwise I might not see beyond my own ideas.

I've been putting the entire Rules Cyclopedia into a MoreCore module w/ Reference Manual over the last week or two. Really wish I had noticed this thread first...

EDIT: Oh cool so I tried loading with the extension and it looks pretty good, especially the Save As portion--though I need to edit the extension to use the RC/BECMI saving throw tables instead. I think that might be feasible, we'll see!

EDIT2: Okay so updating the tables for class saving throws and the monster THAC0 was pretty easy.

https://puu.sh/HzZVs/95ba51da75.png

How hard would it be to make the Saves fields rollable fields? I'd like them to be "/sthrow 1d20>(a)" with (a) being the save target.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Xorn; April 20th, 2021 at 19:35.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. I am not able to set the CT: Initiative Dice Size to D6. I can do d10, d100, d20, d12, or 2d10.

Thread Information