DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 14 First 123412 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    This removes the error due to the comments. If I find anything else, I will post it. I am tracking changes in my local git.
    I expect I will look at the warnings about anchors as well when I get to those files.

Right now, I am taking your awesome work as the starting point for a S&W MoreCore adaptation that another community member asked me to modify for him to use.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I wasn't getting the error myself so hard to know if this fixes anything, but I have applied the updates you provided to record_npc.xml, also found embedded comments in record_pcclass.xml and changed them. I've uploaded the new package to the original post.

Really pleased to hear you're developing this into a S&W MoreCore module, can't wait to see what you do with it. There's loads more that could be done with enough time...

Another thing I ran into was use of "." in the name="xxxx" attribute. I replaced them (in the one file I looked at) with "_" when I added a similar thing.

More info on this is on my last post, I had at first thought it was from MoreCore that I grabbed it.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...290#post528290

If you are using eclipse or an editor that can take regular expressions, search on this:
    name=\".*\..*\" (I added the underlining to help make clearer the extra space at end)

and it will catch that sort of naming.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Varsuuk; July 22nd, 2020 at 16:06. Reason: Forgot to include changed file

I have a problem.

I've installed MoreCore and the OSE extension.

I get the following error when I open a class:

Script Error: [string "ref_pcclass_stats"]:1: unexpected symbol near ';'

I get another error when I press on the lock icon on the class:
    Script Error: [string "pcclass"]:1: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Any help in debugging it will appreciated.

When I use the Pregenerated Characters in the Library, then I have an empty Character in the "Characters" tab. I think that's how it should be. I use FGU.
    Last edited by Zar; September 5th, 2020 at 12:05.

I tried this out and making a character and a critter was easy enough.

Dragged them into the combat tracker and can see the attack / damage rolls on the abbreviated combat sheet. My PC can target the ape (and take advantage of the combat tracker sharing stats with sheet) but the critter doesn't? Since it's reading stats from the tracker, is this a bug or unimplemented feature?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    I tried this out and making a character and a critter was easy enough.

Dragged them into the combat tracker and can see the attack / damage rolls on the abbreviated combat sheet. My PC can target the ape (and take advantage of the combat tracker sharing stats with sheet) but the critter doesn't? Since it's reading stats from the tracker, is this a bug or unimplemented feature?
    Could you provide a little more info?

Sure.

1) Installed OSE for MoreCore (following instructions in the first post)
    2) Create a PC character (set HP, AC, Attacks, etc.) and dropped them into the combat tracker
    3) Drag the default "Goblin" NPC that comes with the ruleset into the combat tracker
    4) Using the PC, set "target" on the Goblin and roll for attacks. Chat window shows "[PC Name] 1d20 Attack (roll) vs. Goblin" <this uses the Goblin's AC to calculate success or not>
    4) Using the Goblin, set "target" on the PC and roll for attacks. Chat window shows "Goblin 1d20 Attack vs " <Blank space where I was expecting the PC's name. Targeting doesn't appear to work for this ruleset mod?>

Using MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.60 2020927)

If I do the same thing within MoreCore without the OSE Extension, Targetting works correctly.
    Last edited by Stitched; February 4th, 2021 at 21:03.

Also get this error when trying to create encounters from the NPC lists.
    "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/encounter_npclist.lua"]:39: attempt to call field 'addLinkToBattle' (a nil value)"

So the recent update may have fixed the targeting issue and having *that* sorted, I was able to move ahead and enter all the OSE SRD Monsters, with appropriate dice rolls, etc.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Dang, I hoped that Old-school Essentials would be fully supported by Fantasy Grounds. I know it is in D20 and Foundry VTT. Im about to buy Foundry and give it a try. Its a shame because I put alot of work over the last 3 years learning FG.

Thread Information