DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 14 First ... 56789 ... Last
    It works! I used the formulae: /thac0 1d20+(a)x(b) : you posted! Thank you sir!

It works! I thought I was losing my mind. Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitched View Post
    * Noticed I made mistakes in your quoted reply. I've corrected the original msg but it should be correct in the image below *

Attachment 48308

Make sure you are changing the formula under "Param Formula" and not "Dice String", otherwise it won't work.

Drag the attribute modifier and THAC0 in the Ref Fields like the image shows.

Backstab is special because it adds an extra "bonus" to attack. For regular attacks, you still use the /thac0 1d20+(a)x(b) formula.
    Can you show me how to set up back stab damage? I figured out how to set up back stab attack with your help. Thank you.
    Last edited by Durhazz; July 26th, 2021 at 00:21. Reason: typo

No Multiply Damage for Backstab

Quote Originally Posted by Durhazz View Post
    Can you show me how to set up back stab damage? I figured out how to set up back stab attack with your help. Thank you.
    "Back-stab
    When attacking an unaware opponent from behind, a thief receives a +4 bonus to hit and doubles any damage dealt."

There's no way to "multiply" damage automagically in MoreCore so you would just calculate it normally:

/damageroll 1d6+(a) :: where (a) is your character sheet strength (or any other modifiers, like from weapons, etc)

And drag the chat roll result AGAIN onto the NPC "Wounds" stat in the Combat Tracker.
    Last edited by Stitched; July 26th, 2021 at 02:35.

Ok cool. Thank you. How do you set up thief skill checks? Similar to exploration skills but n in 100 as opposed to n in 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Durhazz View Post
    Ok cool. Thank you. How do you set up thief skill checks? Similar to exploration skills but n in 100 as opposed to n in 6?
    You use the Symbaroum dice roller:

/symb 1d20x# (roll equal/under target)

but instead of d20, use d100

/symb 1d100x(a)

Capture1.PNG

where (a) refers to Ref Field A which is populated by the value you enter in the box under Thief Skills

Capture.PNG

In this case "Climb Sheer Surfaces" for a Level 4 Thief is 90 so I drag that "90" value into Ref Field A for the dice roller for that skill (as per image 1)

All dice syntax can be found here : https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html and is how I figured out the syntax for various checks/rolls for my OSE sheets.

You have been of immense help. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldSeal View Post
    I have a problem.

I've installed MoreCore and the OSE extension.

I get the following error when I open a class:

Script Error: [string "ref_pcclass_stats"]:1: unexpected symbol near ';'

I get another error when I press on the lock icon on the class:
    Script Error: [string "pcclass"]:1: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

Any help in debugging it will appreciated.
    I too am getting this error. Have you figured out a fix? Thank you.capture2.png
    Last edited by Durhazz; July 26th, 2021 at 17:24. Reason: Added image

Thread Information