5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Players cannot connect after latest update

Trying to run FG Classic as we have for years. Players cannot connect via alias so I had them try a direct IP connection which we have used successfully in the past when the FG alias server was down. They cannot connect that way either. Five minutes before I started the FGC session there was an update. As far as I know this is the only difference between now and last week when it worked.

Can anyone advise as none of my players can connect.

There has been no update to the FGC client for months; only content pack updates.

If your connection was working, and is suddenly not working; then something has changed on your network or port forwarding. Please check to make sure your network is set to Private, and that your port forwarding rules you have set up before are pointing to the Local IP reported by FG on the launch screen.

Also, it could be that your Internet provider has turned on "Advanced Security" options that seem to be popular lately, and require you to "allow" incoming connections. See this thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Regards,
    JPG

I'm going out of my mind trying to solve this. I've made sure that the Port Forwarding is correct. I made sure that rather than a constantly refreshing IP address, the traffic to 1802 goes straight through to my machine. I've even tried several VPN's and ZeroTier. Still nothing! This has suddenly sprung up out of the blue.
    '"My greatest fear in life is becoming mentally unhinged through crushing loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I hold with my collection of singing potatoes."'

"What a depressingly stupid machine"

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Have you considered your anti virus? And I assume your network is set to private?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Do you have another system on your local network you can install the demo version on to see if it can connect. If it can then you know it is not your computer but something network related. My guess would be firewall or ISP.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I had this happen back when I was running FGC. Took me awhile to figure out that my antivirus software had blocked the newly updated FGC. I made an exception and it began working again. I would start there. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Have you considered your anti virus? And I assume your network is set to private?
    Have you ever had one of those days when you've got a new kind of problem, so you grapple with learning new skills to try and fix it, completely forgetting to try the simple stuff first? *Sigh* yeah, switching to Private did the trick. Boy is my face red, lol. Thanks very much for the help, guys.
    '"My greatest fear in life is becoming mentally unhinged through crushing loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I hold with my collection of singing potatoes."'

"What a depressingly stupid machine"

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Thread Information