FG Spreadshirt Swag

Chases and the combat tracker

Hi Folks - quick question, please.

Myself and my group used the chase mechanism for the first time recently and it worked really well - if anything, we thought it flowed far better than in the face to face environment! However, it seemed that as GM, I had to make all the CON rolls in the tracker at the start to determine MOV actions and had to move all the actors each round (but the players made the appropriate skill checks at each hazard). My question - is there any way to allow the players make the MOV roll and advance their characters through the chase? My thought was that this would be a bit more interactive for them. Apologies if this has already been answered - I looked but couldn't find anything. To be clear, this isn't even a quibble - I love the ruleset and think the devs have done a fabulous job - just checking as I thought this might add even more enjoyment for my players

One other quick question while I'm at it - ianmward posted elsewhere that "You can give the chase a name and description, set the number of steps in the chase and add in any number of hazards. You give each a short name that will appear above it's spot in the chase as well as a description, usually the skill needed to overcome the obstacle." - to clarify, Ian means that you include the skill needed in the description (e.g. 'Fence (Jump)') and not that there's some sort of tooltip that you see when you hover over it?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

Thank you!

I am looking forward to that document

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

I am looking forward to seeing that documentation. I've been having a hard time figuring out chases. All the videos are from an old version of FGC.

Will the documentation be available for FGU as well? That's what I'm trying to use.

Thanks, Damned

Oh, excellent news, really looking forward to this as we recently tested chase, and it was a lot of fun with only basic understanding of the chase rules.

Thread Information