STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Deadlands - Card Table

I'm new to Deadlands, but as I understand it, you are supposed to be able to share out the Card Table (under Tools) to other PCs and assign them to the table. I may be doing it wrong, but I see no way to assign a PC regardless of where I get the PC (Combat Tracker, Characters, Party Sheet, etc.).

Unless this not currently working in FGU is a known issue, can somebody that actually knows how to do this in FGC test the FGU functionality? If it works, can you give me some hints on how to do this? I've not found a lot of info or any videos on this feature (other than it is done by dragging and maybe it used to work with NPCs so the GM could participate with only an NPC, but now does not).

Blog Entries
    MOD: Moved to SW forum since this is ruleset specific and you will get better visibility by knowledgeable folks there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I’m sorry - probably shouldn’t pipe in since I am not an experienced SW player, but I poked around with Adventure cards a bit recently. If it has to do with that I might have some useful info.

First, if deck = adventure cards, you will want to open the session with AdventureDeck.ext activated. If it’s an add on deck, then that too (not sure if works just picking the special deck, never tried that - with my War of the Dead de I, I selected both on startup)

Then you can go into Congo and near top is one option about showing adventure deck. Near bottom is another option(s) about selecting which card subsets to use.

Lastly, to give a character a card, you drag from the deal onto the new tab on their sheet “Adventure card”. The mouse over gives info on card effects and double clicking will show a bigger picture of the deck to read the actual card.

In my experience with my custom deck, I had to open the adventuredeck.mod (in Library UI) for the pictures to show up.

Not sure about NPCs. I’d look to see if they have a card deck spot in their sheets. I never tried it (only created a deck didn’t play) but I’m sure others can point ya right.

If you didn’t mean adventure decks or you did but I misunderstood questions... oops gave it a shot.

Thanks Varsuuk, I do appreciate the attempt.

With Dreadlands (unsure if specific to only this setting or available with all Savage Worlds), there is a card table to which PCs can be dragged. It allows a game of poker to be played directly through Fantasy Grounds.

I did discover a few things last night. The only way I was able to finally get this to partially work is the following:

Share out the poker table
    Players drag themselves to the table

I do not see a way for the GM to put players on the card table like we do with battle maps, so was counter intuitive. I fired up a second instance of FGU, joined as a player and was able to drag my test PC from the top of the screen onto the card table.

However, I did see a few issues:

each player only shows the last card dealt to them
    no current way to get NPC in a game (but from previous posts, this is a known issue with FGC)

It does seem like FGU keeps track of all the cards dealt to a player since it will also show each player their own best poker hand on the card table. It also does show multiple cards dealt as shared cards, so at least working partially.

I do not know if this is how this worked with FGC or if the extra weirdness is new with FGU.

Wow cool, I didn’t know about the card table feature. Nice. Will have to load to try what you said.

I love that whole deal with the devil thing too in DLR

SW Deadland Poker Table

We have a DM running SW/Deadlands on FGU and tried to use the Poker Table. Per what he could find online, the players drag themselves from the combat tracker to a stool on the poker table. Sadly it doesn't work. Neither the players nor the GM can get their icon to show up on the poker table.

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    I'm new to Deadlands, but as I understand it, you are supposed to be able to share out the Card Table (under Tools) to other PCs and assign them to the table. I may be doing it wrong, but I see no way to assign a PC regardless of where I get the PC (Combat Tracker, Characters, Party Sheet, etc.).

Unless this not currently working in FGU is a known issue, can somebody that actually knows how to do this in FGC test the FGU functionality? If it works, can you give me some hints on how to do this? I've not found a lot of info or any videos on this feature (other than it is done by dragging and maybe it used to work with NPCs so the GM could participate with only an NPC, but now does not).
    /<arykzen
    Unlimited License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Wow cool, I didn’t know about the card table feature. Nice. Will have to load to try what you said.

I love that whole deal with the devil thing too in DLR
    Deal with the Devil is even better in the new version. Played in a 5 session game that was rather intense - I pretty much used DwtD exclusively. Did crit/fail one time - so he came out a bit addled by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karykzen View Post
    We have a DM running SW/Deadlands on FGU and tried to use the Poker Table. Per what he could find online, the players drag themselves from the combat tracker to a stool on the poker table. Sadly it doesn't work. Neither the players nor the GM can get their icon to show up on the poker table.
    FWIW, I switched back from FGU to FGC (at the time I was running on a Mac and kept hitting some known Mac performance issues).

While I still haven't used the poker table much, I did find out a few things:

1. There is a document inside one of the Fantasy Grounds directories that documents how it's supposed to work.
    2. It only works with characters in the PC / Heroes folder (as in, it doesn't work for NPC)

With the no NPC caveat, while very basic, it does seem to work in FGC. The GM can always run a second instance of Fantasy Grounds and connect locally to create a PC for them to use on the poker table.

I suspect the poker table will be gone with the next version of the Deadlands ruleset as Hucksters and duels have changed and the main use of the table was for these reasons, obviously playing poker was a fun additional benefit.

Please note this is speculation on my part and not an official statement.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

They will need something similar still for dueling, since while they might not need as many cards, they could still need at least 3 with the one Dueling edge.

Thread Information