STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    @Laila,

I can only speak for myself in this, I am only interested in one thing, seeing this ruleset upgraded to Core RPG.

This is a paid ruleset, that has lost it's way, when the developer left (is my understanding). Now its getting an upgrade and @superteddy57 is the one who owns this. Thinking too far ahead and committing to tweek here and there and add new stuff is feature creep, the bane of all developers. As one of my mentors once told (long time ago now), "feature creep; you add a lot but finish nothing".

My only thoughts are to help out @superteddy57 when I can, focusing on the main goal; the upgraded version of the original rules in CoreRPG v3.0.

I hope I am not coming over to strong, I like your enthusiasm and ideas. You seem to have the most experience with BRP of any of us, so I really suggest you speak to @superteddy57 and help to get this ruleset upgraded.

Joe

@joeblack1863 Thanks for the reports. I'm going to push a new update that fixes the NPC sheet a bit with formatting and the issues you are running into. I am not sure how this will be taken, but I removed the picture frame. It's a throw back and gives us more space for the abilities now. When it gets pushed, give it a try and see what you think.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

@superteddy57,

Thanks, I have downloaded it and for me, it looks a lot better without the graphic. I am starting to wonder about the "Race?" label with the tick. I am going to have a read up on NPCs because the label and what it does when you click it don't make sense. The tick when on, seems to allow editing; so maybe Race? should be changed to "Edit?". Let me check to see if I can work out why Race? was used instead.

A
    MainTab. Good, no errors. Just maybe changing the label from race to edit (or removed and the functionality moved to the padlock at the top of the form? There probably wasn't a padlock on the original form so the dev created the tick for editing?)

B
    Combat Tab. Missing the hit location dropdown and entries now (assume it went missing due to being worked on?), but otherwise all there. I assume you havent worked on the weapons list so will ignore that at bthe moment. No errors though with what is there.

Appearances and notes are both fine. No errors coming up.

I will get back to you on what I found out about the Race? label.

Joe
    Last edited by joeblack1863; May 19th, 2020 at 22:30.

@superteddy57,

UPDATE:

C
    Notes Tab
    Enter any letter in field causes error (means you can't enter the skills):
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npcskillfield.lua"]:37: attempt to index global 'gameline' (a nil value)

Joe

@joeblack1863

I wasn't exactly talking about feature creep, and trust me I know what that is...
    It's obviously great if the BRP ruleset is upgraded to CoreRPG. That was my priority as well, because CoreRPG already has heaps of great features, especially with FGU <3
    But I don't think there is much to help superteddy57 code-wise. Sure, testing and giving feedback helps and I'll do that too and appreciate your work there as well, as it speeds up the progress.

From what I understood, superteddy57 will finalize the upgrade (about 1000x faster than I could) and will then switch to other tasks.
    My thinking was more like: "This is so cool! So I can skip that part and use what he'll provide and go on from there."
    Meaning whenever I have time I could work on a new feature, and once it's done SmiteWorks could think about adding it to the official ruleset.
    And with feature I don't mean overly big tasks, but small changes, like a new skin or maybe automating some effects (e.g. bad sight = -10% on all perception skills or something like that).
    Whatever seems helpful during play.

I thought, maybe because you mentioned starting on an upgrade as well, you might be interested to cooperate and contribute something whenever you feel like it, if there is anything else you'd desire apart from the CoreRPG and original ruleset functionalities. And I guess that would be a little easier if we'd coordinate a little, so we don't work on the same thing without realising.
    And as for Blackfoot who's rocking it with features for Runequest ;D I thought it might make sense to re-use some of his work in the BRP so we'd have a shared base for other Chaosium rulesets as well (if other community devs want to do some custom rulesets/extensions as well).

My main goal after the CoreRPG upgrade was making a "Lists" menu where the user can configure the available skills etc without creating an extension, because I think it'd be more accessable for not coding affine people. And I'd create a new skin, because I personally don't like the current look.

So, you obviously don't need to feel obligated or pushed to do anything on the ruleset
    It was really just meant to focus the effort of people that are working on new features anyways, so we could have a shared and therefore faster progress overall.

@superteddy57,

BUG:
    When entering a skill specification (e.g. Language, Other) and hitting enter (should add a "duplicate" skill for adding another specification), an error occurs and the skills are not displayed anymore, even after closing the window. Restarting FG helps.
    Warning: setValue: Recursive call terminated for (numberconrtol) (base)
    Error message: Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:315: attempt to call field 'setState' (a nil value)

BUG:
    When the "Skill Category Bonus" is activated in the Options, the numberfield is visible on the skill groups, but the number cannot be changed and isn't calculated automatically either (according to Stats).
    No Warning or Error messages.

Also, the "+" dice (game elements) isn't used in BRP and was removed in the old ruleset.
    Last edited by Laila; May 20th, 2020 at 12:24.

Thank you for the reports!

@joeblack1863
    A) That is rooted in many modules for BRP and designates whether the roll frame and avg. show up. They function fine in either case and are working exactly as the original did it.
    B) I am able to see the Hit Location drop down on my end. Also to show the hit locations, you must also enable the option in the preferences. Please check there as well to ensure you have it on.
    C) Fixed in upcoming update

@Laila
    1) Fixed in upcoming update
    2) Fixed in upcoming update
    3) The '+' dice is default with CoreRPG. Some rulesets remove it. It isn't a bug.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    3) The '+' dice is default with CoreRPG. Some rulesets remove it. It isn't a bug.
    Yes, I know it's not a bug and is default. But it looks a little weird because the alignment doesn't match with the others, as it wasn't used in the old BRP.
    And thanks for fixing the two bugs! ^^

Cosmetic BUG:
    On the PCs Main sheet when clicking on a characteristic for entering a value, a partially transparent box appears that overlaps the other characteristics and rolls.
    Also, the Education characteristic is still outside of the frame

Thread Information