FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last
    @peterb Thanks for the report. I'm actually going to clean up that code and get all of those dragable to the chat. So be on the look out for an update soon.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

@ superteddy57,

Firstly, thank you for this nice surprise, I thought this was a dead ruleset and was looking at the daunting task of trying update it myself. BRP is a great base for extending to Mythras, Runequest later versions, so it may gain a mini revival as a result of this!

As for feedback, one observation, which may be becuase it was never in the original ruleset (I can't remember):-

Using the combat tracker, you can target and enemy, and also when using the map (CTRL+LMB on the enemy target).
    Doubleclicking on the weapon in the weapons list (Main Tab), does not resolve the attack (hit or miss); doubleclicking on the damge also does not resolve damage on the target.
    Dropping the weapons to hit dice on to the taget in the CT or Map also does not resolve. Same with the damage.

If this is not part of the update (the complexity of the combat resolution may be the reason), then fine. Just thought I would pass this on.

Joe

@superteddy57,

Possible Bug:

1. Create a character,
    2. Go to Skills tab.
    3. Select and right click on a skill to bring up the wheel.
    4. Choose Group.
    5. Right Click on a skill again to bring up the wheel.
    Error:
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find menu icon (texttable)

Joe

@joeblack1863 Thanks for the reports! I was able to track down that texttable issue and will be putting it in an update with some new managers to handle rolls. I haven't checked the original to be sure, but didn't see it in the code that it auto calculated an attack. The damage seems right. In any case, I am adding in the automation for damage and the rollers will list success/fail of the attack roll. I may need some guidance on BRP's inner workings and might need someone to chat with to be sure all of this is working as intended. In either case, it may take a day or two to finish this up as I'm working through NPCs right now. So, it's not a new feature, but just smoothing out what is there.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

@superteddy57,

That's brilliant, glad I was able to help squash a bug, I'll keep looking.

With regard to the combat (to hit and damage), I will go back and look at the original BRP rules to see if I can help. Thanks for looking at implementing this, if possible ofcourse.

A thought came to me that there is someone on this forum who may be better suited to help, namely Blackfoot. He has his own thread in which he is converting BRP to Runequest II. The last thread suggesting he is looking for tech help on the combat code (which should be very similar to BRP from what I remember).

Maybe he can assist you and you can assist him? Hopefully I am not sounding bossy, it just struck me, having followed both these threads that you may have a common purpose. As I said, I will do what I can to answer any questions, onece I get my head around the old rules again.

Joe

That is the great thing about us having this in the Test server first before rolling it out is to find those kind of bugs and get them resolved. Please do hunt away. Try to break it. I have spoken to Blackfoot and he was a great help in some parts of it, but he told me he was mainly a RuneQuest fan. Still a huge help with the questions I did have.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblack1863 View Post
    A thought came to me that there is someone on this forum who may be better suited to help, namely Blackfoot. He has his own thread in which he is converting BRP to Runequest II. The last thread suggesting he is looking for tech help on the combat code (which should be very similar to BRP from what I remember).

Maybe he can assist you and you can assist him? Hopefully I am not sounding bossy, it just struck me, having followed both these threads that you may have a common purpose. As I said, I will do what I can to answer any questions, onece I get my head around the old rules again.

Joe
    Sadly, while I'm familiar with the BRP rules in concept, the specifics are not something I have access to or knowledge of so I am not much use there... other than general functionality.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

That's great, I have been reading through the combat side of things and have a pretty good grasp of initiative and strike ranks again.

I will hang on to those thoughts for the time being as you are working on NPCs and I don't want to distract you.

So I took a look at NPCs and spotted some things (you may have already spotted these):

A
    1. Create an NPC
    2. Click on Race (tick)
    3. Look down at the bottom of the new view of the characteristics.

Almost hidden is a text box below appearance, this is Education and just doesn't fit in the space with the others.

B
    1. Create an NPC
    2. Click on Race (tick)
    3. Switch to Combat tab.
    Hit locations no longer display below your selected race (with the exception of Custom).
    This may not be a bug it may be as intended. It feels like the click on Race on the Main tab may be to create your own custom NPC, but I don't know why this would preclude you from using Humaniod or one of the others.

C
    1. Combat Tab
    2. Drag and drop a weapon to the blank list (second entry), fails to add item.
    3. Drag and drop to the first entry in the list and it works.
    4. It means you have to drag on to the top blank entry to add an item. The top it remains blank.
    4. NOTE: The attk% entry is not filled in, only the damage.

I found no errors being thrown when using, but will keep going.

Joe
    Last edited by joeblack1863; May 19th, 2020 at 11:57.

Quick addition to C on my above list.

If you manually fill in the top blank entry, then you can no longer drag and drop weapons to the list. Even if you then remove the text, it will no longer allow drag and drop entries to the weapon list.

Joe

I haven't run too many Sessions with BRP, so there are some rules I've never used, but I've actually got a very good grasp of the rules, as I focused my bachelor thesis on designing a tool for BRP
    So I should be able to help for the most part.

@joeblack1863 and @Blackfoot If you'd be interested and if SmiteWorks agrees to, we could use a shared repository (Gitlab, Bitbucket or whatever SmiteWorks uses) and work on extending the ruleset together bit by bit, so in the end we have a full fledged ruleset with all the automation that other rulesets like D&D have as well.
    As mentioned before, I don't have too much time, and I guess you guys have other things to do as well. But if everyone contributes even just a little from time to time, we'd get there at some point

And we could also think about layering Runequest and CoC on top of BRP later on if we can add a lot of common base features, as BRP is derived from all the other Chaosium systems after all. But I don't have any knowledge of the other systems, so I can't say how similar the (old) BRP rules are to the newest editions of those other systems.
    Last edited by Laila; May 19th, 2020 at 13:35.

Thread Information