DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

I've done some quick tests of the new library refrerences:

Drag items to inventory: OK (btw you cannot do this in the previous version of the ruleset, so that's a bonus)
    Drag weapons from the weapon lists in the game system module to the weapon list on the main tab of the character sheet: OK
    Drag a creature from BRP Creatures to the NPC window: OK
    Drag a spell from BRP Basic Magic to the powers tab in the character sheet: OK
    Create an MyQuest extension and change the default skill list: OK

So far so good.

Still to do: test the CT.

Thanks superteddy57 for your efforts in modernizing this ruleset!

/Peter

My pleasure! Keep the reports coming. I appreciate the efforts in testing it for me.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Wow ! Thanks for this new release !

I've tested to drag skills roll from character in the chat and it doesn't show anything, if you doubleclick it works well. On the main sheet i'm able to drag "Effort, stam, etc" in the chat and it works well.

So when you drag the skill roll to the chat, nothing gets rolled or it rolls, but nothing displays?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    So when you drag the skill roll to the chat, nothing gets rolled or it rolls, but nothing displays?
    It rolls and nothing is displayed in the chat. (only for the skill sheet)

First of all... OMG, I LOVE YOU! <3

No, seriously, that's great news!
    I've asked a few times if any upgrade for the ruleset is planned and even the most recent answer was "No".
    So I'm really happy to see this

I've started to work on an upgrade myself, but as free time is sparse and the docs are not exactly overly helpful, progress was rather slow... (so slow that I didn't even mention it)
    Last edited by Laila; May 17th, 2020 at 19:57.

@Anendel Thank you for the report. I have to give it a look over and see why the rolls aren't registering.

@Laila Well it's the same ruleset, just sitting on Core now. So, no major changes. Some of the changes was just updating how some of the code worked with CoreRPG.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Hey @superteddy57

Yes, you've mentioned that. I do realize there still won't be as many features as with other rulesets.
    But it's already great if the CoreRPG functions are accessible, as it already has a lot of cool features!

I do have a question though:
    Are you layering on the CoreRPG with minimal changes (only what is really necessary so that it runs) or are you actually adapting to the code structure used in the CoreRPG, like using Action Managers, etc?
    I'll probably still be working on mine as well or extending yours, depending on which one makes more sense, as I want to add some new features on the long run.
    I've started restructuring it to use the new conventions and functions, but I'm really still on the "charactersheet_main", because I think it's rather difficult to understand the concepts etc when starting off anew...
    But if you're familiar with the general framework FG provides, maybe you can help me out with specific questions
    Last edited by Laila; May 18th, 2020 at 14:13.

The code has been updated to use most of the templates in CoreRPG. As most of the code was using only the base elements to create what it had. All this did really was give it a familiar look for today's developers and understand what is going on the code. The only thing retained was what was needed to work with the modules that were released. It uses a GameLine extension method to lay out what is needed in that module. Like for example BRP Rome. Unless I wanted to go through and remake those modules, I had to stick to what was there in that regard. I did only do one thing that was not in the original code and that was to add sidebar options for the tracked records, like powers, skills, and professions. So this is the closest I could get to a mix of the old code and the new CoreRPG code. The older side of the ruleset is an actual great learning experience, since most of it is at it's base level. You can actually see what those parts do and how to get them to do what you want. Just can look a bit odd when you've seen 3.0+ code for a very long time. The way to extend off of this would through the GameLine code as that changes everything about the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Anendel View Post
    It rolls and nothing is displayed in the chat. (only for the skill sheet)
    Actually it's the same when dragging weapon skills rolls on the main tab and also if you drag a powers skill value from the powers tab.

Also if you drag an ability roll (for example stammina) to the chat window, a roll is made but it does not say what was rolled. If you double-click you get the proper string: character name skill name (skill level) d100 roll result.

Dragging damage rolls: rolls the damage but do not say what kind of roll you made.

Double clicking a ability value (that is not the characteristic roll) makes a proper roll, with the proper text but uses the raw ability value instead of (ability value * 5). So with a CON score of 10, it rolls against 10% and not 50%. Just to be clear - double clicking the stamina roll box works as expected.
    Last edited by peterb; May 18th, 2020 at 15:53.

Thread Information