STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Yeah, you can go into the xml and change out <story> and </story> with <encounter> and </encounter>. I would suggest backing up your module first before attempting in case something goes wrong.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

@superteddy57
    Not a bug or anything, but could you maybe add the "Size" and "Reach" fields to the NPCs? They're in the CoreRPG but probably didn't exist back when the BRP was created.
    I think it would be a handy addition and there is enough space below the "Move" in the "Main" tab to easily add them.

Sure that is possible. I'll look into it for Monday and see if I can get it out with my next push.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

@superteddy57:
    I've noticed that the standard modifiers "easy (x2)" and "difficult (/2)" aren't there anymore.
    They used to be next to the dice. But they're not in the modifiers tab either. So those would be great to have again

I'm gonna run a live session with the BRP tomorrow evening with my group.
    That should give me a good possibility to check some more features and see if everything works (except for the general Unity issues).

@Laila Certainly I can add those back in. Keep a look out for a new update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Second game in now and the ruleset is running really well. Just a couple of observations

On damage if you have hit locations enabled, it should automatically roll the hit locations to figure out where the damage should be applied and how much armor protects to reduce damage before it is then applied to the top level hit points.
    I'd advise that on a successful hit roll, a hit location is auto rolled to store the destination location ready for the next damage roll.

Also, on the table for the hit locations when it's enabled, the armor total is hiding under the next column making it impossible to read.

All in all though, we're loving it!

I will check the Live version and see if that functionality is there. If so, I'll see where I missed putting it in.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    On damage if you have hit locations enabled, it should automatically roll the hit locations to figure out where the damage should be applied and how much armor protects to reduce damage before it is then applied to the top level hit points.
    I'd advise that on a successful hit roll, a hit location is auto rolled to store the destination location ready for the next damage roll.
    AFAIK, This a not a feature of the "old" rule-set. Also (IMO) it's quite complex to implement.

For example:
    • There might be different hit location tables for melee and missile weapons
    • A spell (such as Bladesharp) might add damage
    • A special hits do more damage, criticals ignore damage
    • A spell like protection might add armour protection to all hitlocations
    • A successful parry will negate all or some of the damage.
    • etc.

IMO there's simply to many exceptions to the basic rule.

If you want to add a new feature I'd say a Effects tab on the character sheet is a better start.

/Peter
    Last edited by peterb; June 11th, 2020 at 09:37.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    AFAIK, This a not a feature of the "old" rule-set. Also (IMO) it's quite complex to implement.

For example:
    • There might be different hit location tables for melee and missile weapons
    • A spell (such as Bladesharp) might add damage
    • A special hits do more damage, criticals ignore damage
    • A spell like protection might add armour protection to all hitlocations
    • A successful parry will negate all or some of the damage.
    • etc.

IMO there's simply to many exceptions to the basic rule.

If you want to add a new feature I'd say a Effects tab on the character sheet is a better start.

/Peter
    Currently if you attack an enemy, it instantly takes off the damage from the hitpoint total and ignores armor from a base location. that isn't a variable, it's a standard part of the ruleset if you have armor enabled. it comes off against armor location first, then limb hit point before taking off maximum hitpoints as you can only take a maximum of double the damage to any one limb before it's chopped off. doesn't do any further damage after that other than bleeding. the total damage incurred would be that taken off the hit point total.

If it's too complex to hit the location first, i'd recommend turning off the damage apply when armor locations are enabled so that the players or GM can apply the damage themselves

For example, I hit with my broadsword on a standard success and roll a 4 so it hits the leg. I roll a 6 on my 1D8+1. The foe has soft leather and 1 point skin, so two points of armor which brings it down to 4 hits. they have 4 hits in the leg and so it brings the leg down to zero. Four hitpoints come off the hit point total and four off the limb.

All of the other bits you mentioned are effects from spells. Bladesharp is a simple effect on the character to grant -5% on the attack roll and an extra point of damage per point of pow spent. special hits are already accounted for, critical hits ignore armor.

The original ruleset didn't do this, but it was a suggestion. Though this is more direct to runequest than the standard BRP ruleset.

Thread Information