STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 48 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Welcome back to ClockAdjuster!
    I'm glad you found time to maintain it again
    I have closed down my Time Manager variant.

Here is the latest improvement to my LongTermEffects expansion (incrementing minutes after 10 rounds and decrementing effects when time passes):
    This is courtesy of DCrumb (see the discussion around this here).

If short, you can change
    Code:
    if nCurrent >= 10 and not bTimeChanged then
    to
    Code:
    if (nCurrent % 10) == 9 and not bTimeChanged then
    in longtermeffects.lua to allow rounds to go beyond 9 without resetting.
    Last edited by bmos; March 4th, 2021 at 04:32.

Can someone tell me what time manager rounds mode (quick or full process) is for? I also noticed I had a very long combat and the rounds stopped incrementing at 9, as mentioned above. Is the ability to go past 9 being added into the core clock adjuster extension?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Can someone tell me what time manager rounds mode (quick or full process) is for? I also noticed I had a very long combat and the rounds stopped incrementing at 9, as mentioned above. Is the ability to go past 9 being added into the core clock adjuster extension?
    Full Process is an option that performs full processing of every elapsed round (which can take a LONG time). This means that fast healing, bleed, stablization rolls will all happen as many times as they would have if you had advanced all that time just by using the next round button.

On my desktop, advancing 8 hours in game took just under 2 minutes to process it all. For this test, I had a singe PC in the combat tracker with one effect.
    When I used it with my normal campaign, it took around 4 minutes to process 8 hours. This was with 11 in combat tracker and 2-8 effects per combatant.
    For this reason, "quick mode" is the default, but "Full Process" is there for anyone who doesn't mind waiting.

Corun is working on some code to trigger full processing when it would actually accomplish something (such as when there is a creature with fast healing, bleed, etc in the combat tracker) but uses quick mode when there is not.
    Last edited by bmos; March 3rd, 2021 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Welcome back to ClockAdjuster!
    I'm glad you found time to maintain it again
    I have closed down my Time Manager variant.

Here is the last improvement to my LongTermEffects expansion (incrementing minutes after 10 rounds and decrementing effects when time passes):
    This is courtesy of PokeyCA (see the discussion around this here) and DCrumb.

If short, you can change
    Code:
    if nCurrent >= 10 and not bTimeChanged then
    to
    Code:
    if (nCurrent % 10) == 9 and not bTimeChanged then
    in longtermeffects.lua to allow rounds to go beyond 9 without resetting.
    I've gone ahead and made the change and uploaded the new version. someone was asking about adding the longtermeffect code to when days change, but where the process is so lengthy at the moment, i think I'll wait till we can get that more cleaned/sped up for that change.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    I've gone ahead and made the change and uploaded the new version. someone was asking about adding the longtermeffect code to when days change, but where the process is so lengthy at the moment, i think I'll wait till we can get that more cleaned/sped up for that change.
    Try this.
    1. Enables days and hours for 3.5E and PFRPG. Should be easy to add one more function replacement for use with 5E.
    2. Fixes weirdness with the option for full/quick (apparently it's a bad idea to use underscores in options names for now).
    3. Replaced User.isHost() with Session.IsHost

Bummer we can't attach to private messages on here. I didn't update the version number or anything, just submitting my changed files this way.

EDIT: re-uploaded to fix a Session.IsHost that I had typed as Session.isHost and to make hours/days work for 5E and PFRPG2 (I think, I haven't tested it in those systems).

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build (there were 14 downloads here).
    Last edited by bmos; April 2nd, 2021 at 21:27.

Just so it is known, I am PokeyCA on github (one of the reasons for my avatar pic is my long term user handle has always been Pokey, sometimes I am quick enough to get it, some times not).

I suggest to exchange the placement of the long rest hours and short rest minutes. Currently short rest minutes is placed beneath the current/add hours and long rest hours beneath the current/add minutes. Makes more sense to place long rest beneath hours and short rest beneath minutes.

I tested this with the StarFinder ruleset, with no other extensions active, and something is definitely broken there as well. Done in FGC.

Screenshot clock adjuster.png

Ruleset update posted today changes nextRound function (in longtermeffects.lua).
    Code:
    		local aCombatantEntries = CombatManager.getSortedCombatantList();
    		if #aCombatantEntries > 0 then
    is now
    Code:
    		if #aEntries > 0 then

Also, one important note not covered in the readme is that reminders and events windows must be left open for their alerts to go off at the correct time since that code is in xml scripts rather than standalone lua scripts.

EDIT: March 25, 2021
    I have reuploaded this as there was a regression in the fix PokeyCA/DCrumb suggested to make rounds capable of going past 9. There were 35 downloads before I reuploaded.

EDIT2: removed in favor of new build
    Last edited by bmos; April 2nd, 2021 at 21:26.

Thanks for staying current!

Thread Information