Starfinder Playlist
Page 48 of 48 First ... 38464748
    Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    Weather Checking: - A Checkmark on the panel will enable "Weather Checking". While enabled, when double-clicking the "addhour", "addday", "addmonth", addyear", "longrest", "shortrest"(5e only), "adv6AM", "adv12PM", "adv6PM", "adv12AM" buttons, it will also attempt to roll on the tables "Weather Wind", "Weather Temperature", and "Weather Precipitation".
    I really love the extension as it make time keeping easy. It now also works with Mattekure's Timer (see here) to progress time while the timer is running.
    However - I realized that the weather rolls are occurring way too often. I think they should rather occur once per day, e.g. when date is changing, not when a button to add arbitrary hours/days/rest/advance is pressed. To do so, I suggest to move the TimeManager.checkWeather() call within each button's onDoubleClick() trigger (in desktop/desktop_panels.xml file) into the check for the next day:

Code:
    if DB.getValue(TimeManager.CAL_CHK_DAY) == nil or DB.getValue(TimeManager.CAL_CHK_DAY) ~= DB.getValue(TimeManager.CAL_CUR_DAY) then
        TimeManager.outputDate();
        TimeManager.checkWeather();
        DB.setValue(TimeManager.CAL_CHK_DAY, "number", DB.getValue(TimeManager.CAL_CUR_DAY));
    end
    Unfortunately, having this check in the TimeManager.checkWeather() itself does not work as it is sometimes called before the CAL_CHK_DAY update, sometimes after.
    The new call of the function from the new location can even be enhanced with an option to only execute if set (new behavior) or in the old location if unset (old behavior/default).
    Let me know if you are interested to add this into your code.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    I really love the extension as it make time keeping easy. It now also works with Mattekure's Timer (see here) to progress time while the timer is running.
    However - I realized that the weather rolls are occurring way too often. I think they should rather occur once per day, e.g. when date is changing, not when a button to add arbitrary hours/days/rest/advance is pressed. To do so, I suggest to move the TimeManager.checkWeather() call within each button's onDoubleClick() trigger (in desktop/desktop_panels.xml file) into the check for the next day:
    The weather where I live can change multiple times per day. I've even seen it go from the 30s at 6am to the 90s by 3pm. Storms that pass over are typically huge and cover vast areas with a choppy border, so you can have a downpour one minute and then 5 minutes later the sun is shining, only to have a tornado rip through another 5 minutes later. In the winter, we can have snow one hour then rain the next, and flip flop for the remainder of the day. "If you don't like the weather here, wait a couple of minutes, it will change." lol

Thread Information