Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    I am a GM for two campaigns and bought a new computer. How do I transfer characters and NPC characters I've created to the new computer?

Quote Originally Posted by FundPirate View Post
    I am a GM for two campaigns and bought a new computer. How do I transfer characters and NPC characters I've created to the new computer?
    You can copy over the campaigns in the campaigns folder of the old computer into the new one. You can export the NPCs in the old campaigns to modules and copy those over to the new computer. For characters you can export those from the campaigns and import into new campaigns on the new computer.

Easiest method is just to copy over your campaigns from the old to the new.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My issue is (using free version) saving via /save seems to create a new version of the character from the load screen. Same with renaming the character. I am able to export the character to my PC, but I've created two characters total but have probably 8+ listed. A DM is going to clean it up (its a character creation server) but I'd like to know if I'm missing something I need to do before saving etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @1066 - you don’t need to export the character to XML. All characters used within FG campaigns on your computer are available to import when you open an offline campaign for the same ruleset. See the video linked in post #17.
    hey just wanted to say the video made it pretty clear what the actual process is. the fact that you have an automatic local copy is cool.
    just a secondary question once you reconnect to the gm campaign, the local copy gets updated? ie
    GM campaign has fighter lev1 named Fighter
    local copy has Fighter
    reconnect to GM and update fighter to level 2 in campaign. name is still Fighter
    local copy has fighter updated?

Yes. Your local copy is a copy of the character as it was when you last played in that campaign. What won't get updated in the campaign is if you make changes to the character whilst not connected to the GM. In that case you'll need to re-import your amended character into the GM's campaign when you next join it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information