5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The freezing has happened to me before just as you described. For now I only use arrow keys to move tokens, this seems to work without freezes. Give it a try.

We played a 5E Dragon Heist session (7 clients) on 5/22 and we were ok until one player accidentally dragged is character about 8 squares. Everyone froze within 2 minutes. Has there been any progress in finding and eliminating this bug?
    There are several maps that prevent you from moving even diagonally with the keyboard. You have to shift-drag to avoid LOS updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    We played a 5E Dragon Heist session (7 clients) on 5/22 and we were ok until one player accidentally dragged is character about 8 squares. Everyone froze within 2 minutes. Has there been any progress in finding and eliminating this bug?
    There are several maps that prevent you from moving even diagonally with the keyboard. You have to shift-drag to avoid LOS updates.
    There are a few big updates in the pipeline that should be available soon. Given the scope of the changes, they will be available first in the Dev channel, then moved to Test, and will then be moved into the general Release channel. Among these changes is refactor of the LOS system. It should help, or eliminate, the lag and lock-up situations that you are seeing.

If I wanted to try the dev version when it is available, do I have to have the clients do that as well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    If I wanted to try the dev version when it is available, do I have to have the clients do that as well?
    The GM and clients must be on the same data and networking revision. The upcoming updates change both and will, therefore, require GM and clients to be on the same revision. If your are not, you should received an error message on connect that identifies the version mismatch.

Thread Information