FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5E - Halfling Luck

This is has been moved to DMs Guild Here

This extension will reroll 1's for any creature with the 'Lucky' trait as given by the halfling race. This is not to be confused with the Lucky feat which shows in a different list, and is still entirely manual decision making on the player.

This will reroll 1's on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, death saves, concentration saves, and system shock saves.

Version 1.0: Base features.
    Version 1.1: Added in init rolls and skill checks. Also fixed a nil check error.
    Last edited by kentmccullough; August 20th, 2020 at 20:49.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Another nice addition. Jolly well done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Really cool extension, however it doesn't apply to skill checks or initiative rolls, which was really annoying because that's what I was using to test if it conflicted with other extensions. It works on ability checks rolled from the main page, but not skill checks from the skills page.

Initiative is not a standard reroll for luck. The PHB specifically lists ability checks but doesn't list skill checks. Skills checks are technically ability checks so it is possible that they should be covered but the PHB doesn't explicitly say they are.

Whoops, missed those. Initiative is also an ability check. I’ll take a look tomorrow.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmccullough View Post
    Whoops, missed those. Initiative is also an ability check. I’ll take a look tomorrow.
    My bad, I guess initiative is a standard reroll.

Updated to Version 1.1: Added in init rolls and skill checks. Also fixed a nil check error.

Halfling luck (and anything that modifies ability checks) would apply. See Jeremey Crawford's tweet on this: https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/...36098563231745

I know I'm the "user error" in this equation but, I need someone to throw me a bone over here.

I bought a stack of extensions from DMSGuild, all of them by kentmccullough (& Rob2E I think). Well, I treated them just like have every other .ext i've used over the years. I dropped the lot of them into my extensions folder, no-mus-no-fuss. I started FG, activated them at the load screen, then quit FG and restarted it. All the other extensions seem to be working: auto flanking and range, auto critical damage, auto Halfling Luck, the miss text flavor e working...HOWEVER, the auto sneak attack doesn't seem to be doing anything. So, what step did I miss? All the other stuff are right out of the gates impressive. I checked the settings, I got nothing about sneak attack in there...what did I miss?

<EDIT> For what its worth, all of these extensions are showing up as having loaded in the chat window on FG startup. And this is on FGC also...forgot to mention that earlier.

Thanks for your time,
    K
    Last edited by Kingfish; June 6th, 2020 at 07:55. Reason: Left out some info that might help...

Add an effect to the rogue that’s simply “Sneak Attack”

Thread Information