FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Advancement XP extension for Pathfinder

Found a neat extension that tracked exp in 5e. Basically it lets you know when you level up as you are assigned experience. I modified it with the creators permission. Thanks Laendra! In the option menu, you can set the exp advancement speed. fast medium slow 3.5E or off. this will also auto populate the exp needed field. best of luck!

Edit: Now supports 3.5E!

Now on Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/703/view
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Phixation; July 8th, 2022 at 20:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    Found a neat extension that tracked xp in 5e. Basically it lets you know when you level up as you are assigned xp. I modified it with the creators permission. Thanks Laendra! unfortunately this only currently works for Pathfinder as I don't have the xp charts available for 3.5e. In the option menu, you can set the xp advancement speed. fast medium slow or off. this will also auto populate the xp needed field. best of luck!
    Good work

Hi Phixation, this is really useful, but it seems that the Slow advancement is using the same values as Medium. Fast works fine.

Also, this may be my interpretation of the advancment chart, but the extension advances at for example 2001 xp for level 2 on Medium; I think this should be 2000 even. This is not a big deal though.

I broke open the extenion and the tables for "medium" and "slow" were the same. I put in the "slow" values and it's working fine!
    Thanks for the great work, this will make managing xp so much easier.

hmm might be an older one that i didnt fix.... ill go back and fix it later today

Edit: Just fixed the slow xp chart and reposted. Thanks for that catch.

Edit of Edit: Extension now will notify even when landing exactly on any level.
    Last edited by Phixation; December 22nd, 2020 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    unfortunately this only currently works for Pathfinder as I don't have the xp charts available for 3.5e.
    3.5e Experience was actually really easy. (Your current level x 1000) + Total for last level.

So
    Lvl 1 0 xp
    Lvl 2 1000 xp
    Lvl 3 3000 xp
    Lvl 4 6000 xp
    and so on.
    Last edited by ChrisRevocateur; December 24th, 2020 at 22:36. Reason: My math for Lvl 4 Exp was off because I was being lazy in my thinking

Hmmm I cant find the charts online because they arent Open content... so im not exactly sure if i can even code the info in

3.5 exp charts are open content, just google "srd experience points" and you get a table about level ups and required exp for each level

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/xp.htm if you feel lazy :P

Well since you made that so easy for me to get to.... I fixed it for everyone. Now supports 3.5e. No idea how i didn't find that chart... my google fu was lacking i guess.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ilhb?Whats-the-XP-formula

hogarth Aug 12, 2008, 09:19 pm
    5 people marked this as a favorite.
    Unicorn
    See this thread for a detailed discussion:
    https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboard...er/pathfinderR PG/general/archives/xPProgressionChart

Long story short -- you can get an exact formula for the Medium progression. The Excel version is:

=ROUND((2000 * (2^FLOOR(A1/2,1) - 1) + 3000 * (2^FLOOR((A1-1)/2,1) - 1))/10^(FLOOR(SQRT(A1-1),1)+1)*2,0)/2*10^(FLOOR(SQRT(A1-1),1)+1)

The Fast and Slow progressions are based on it, with some inconsistent rounding (sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes to three digits, sometimes to two).

Fast = Medium/1.5 (rounded)
    Slow = Medium*1.5 (rounded)

Formulae for 3.4 is:

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?thre...,*(N%2D1)*500.

To get to a new level, you need XP equal to your current level x 1000.

For instance, to get from 1st to second level, you need 1000 xp.

The total xp needed to get to any level, N, is equal to the (sum from 1 to (N-1)) * 1000.

For example, from 2nd to 3rd level, you need 2000 more XP (current level * 1000), or a total of 3000 XP ((1+2) * 1000).

The formula you want is:
    XP needed to reach any level, N = N*(N-1)*500.

pathfinder xp_Page_1.jpg
    Last edited by dellanx; December 31st, 2020 at 06:26.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information