5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 97 of 113 First ... 47879596979899107 ... Last
    very odd behavior with auras tonight. once when the aura killed someone, all the FROMAURAs were removed from the other tokens. Randomly the auras would be dropped despite no movement happening. closing and reopening the map forced the auras back on, but in some cases doubled them up.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    very odd behavior with auras tonight. once when the aura killed someone, all the FROMAURAs were removed from the other tokens. Randomly the auras would be dropped despite no movement happening. closing and reopening the map forced the auras back on, but in some cases doubled them up.
    Are you using the current live version? The only issue I've noticed recently was when I had to change all my foe auras to !ally and all my friend ones to ally. Also had a similar thing but I was doing questionable testing IMHO - had the following effect:

YOU IN MY SPACE; IFT: !DYING; AURA: 10 all; You In My Space; IF: FACTION(notself); TDMGADDS: BACK AT YOU; IF: !DYING; SAVEA: 14 CON (H); SAVES: 14 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 1d4 slashing

where the "BACK AT YOU" was defined as a roll

"BACK AT YOU; DMGA: 5 slashing"

Which was questionable at best.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Yeah, using version 1.22. I may need to modify some auras to change foe to !ally, but this was very different behavior. I was not DM, so just seeing it as a player
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Yeah, using version 1.22. I may need to modify some auras to change foe to !ally, but this was very different behavior. I was not DM, so just seeing it as a player
    Yep my auras started going nuts when the faction changes came out - per my previous post I had to do the following:

Turns out it was the new foe logic that did me in. I had a bunch of

AURA: 15 foe

in my effects which really now need to be

AURA: 15 !ally

and friends would need to be ally.

Ah, the other thing is that FROMAURA effects that were there before 1.22 will need to be removed as the extension will no longer realize they're there.
    Sorry I wasn't clear about that. It'll probably feel pretty weird when that happens, although I didn't expect it to require closing and opening the map and your description sounds pretty different than I'd have expected.

Something everyone probably realized but me, aura distances are from the outer edge of a tokens size. I've been told this but it never really sank in - I just finished editing all my existing campaign auras to insure they are defined as they should be. I noticed this once in my earlier post when I was flying over a mine and it triggered when I thought I was out of range - bmos explained it to me but it never sank in.

So now I only have one vehicle burning type - as I used to have large, huge, gargantuan with the aura of a similar size - but I now realize I only have one effect of 5ft as the actual NPC size will take into account 1/2 its size already in the aura (not from center of thing aura is emanating from but from edge of size). I'm sure everyone knows this already, but I figured I hammer it home again.

a Large Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.
    a Huge Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.
    a Gargantuan Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.

Still looks weird to me even now. But I finally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Something everyone probably realized but me, aura distances are from the outer edge of a tokens size. I've been told this but it never really sank in - I just finished editing all my existing campaign auras to insure they are defined as they should be. I noticed this once in my earlier post when I was flying over a mine and it triggered when I thought I was out of range - bmos explained it to me but it never sank in.

So now I only have one vehicle burning type - as I used to have large, huge, gargantuan with the aura of a similar size - but I now realize I only have one effect of 5ft as the actual NPC size will take into account 1/2 its size already in the aura (not from center of thing aura is emanating from but from edge of size). I'm sure everyone knows this already, but I figured I hammer it home again.

a Large Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.
    a Huge Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.
    a Gargantuan Gas Mine has an aura of 5ft.

Still looks weird to me even now. But I finally get it.
    Wow, I honestly never thought of that.
    I'd consider such behavior more of a bug as it goes against how such abilities are defined in most systems I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Wow, I honestly never thought of that.
    I'd consider such behavior more of a bug as it goes against how such abilities are defined in most systems I know.
    Yet that is how it works. Kept having gas mines trigger when I had 15 declared but it was - as you told me - 15 plus the size of the token.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Yet that is how it works. Kept having gas mines trigger when I had 15 declared but it was - as you told me - 15 plus the size of the token.
    I can almost guarantee that wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I can almost guarantee that wasn't me.
    Was token height author my bad. The way auras work is that aura size is the distance from someone. Drop a gargantuan creature and target a medium thing and put it right next to it - 5ft. That is not from the center. That is the distance between the tokens borders. Hence, me dropping auras out with the literal sizes I wanted from center would never work - would always be triggering farther out than I thought. Nature of targeting, auras, etc. as I understand it - now.

Thread Information