DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 93 of 113 First ... 43839192939495103 ... Last
    Hi all! I'm totally dumb when it comes to coding and it amazes me how you code-savvy guys can solve pretty much everything. Big thumbs up!

I just released v1.20 to LIVE. There is a significant chance that some auras that you all have written will not work the same, unfortunately.
    I highly recommend everyone reads the README on GitHub or the Forge so they understand the new faction system and how it works.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Hi all! I'm totally dumb when it comes to coding and it amazes me how you code-savvy guys can solve pretty much everything. Big thumbs up!
    Aw, thanks! The FG developer community is so good to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Got some mod updating to do lol
    I could include a 'legacy mode' option that keeps more of the old behavior, but I think it's probably best to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I could include a 'legacy mode' option that keeps more of the old behavior, but I think it's probably best to avoid that.
    I personally don't think this is needed. As it would be missing a lot of the options that are much needed that you just added.

I think the last update broke the fix I put into Token Height for automatically evaluating the auras when the height changes. Moving the token does re-evaluate (and takes height into account), but the onMove isn't doing anything anymore.

Looks like it has to move a full half square away before the re-evaluation occurs (I added 1 to x on every height change to test and the re-evaluation occurs once the token moves half a square away)
    Last edited by GKEnialb; December 23rd, 2022 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    I think the last update broke the fix I put into Token Height for automatically evaluating the auras when the height changes. Moving the token does re-evaluate (and takes height into account), but the onMove isn't doing anything anymore.

Looks like it has to move a full half square away before the re-evaluation occurs (I added 1 to x on every height change to test and the re-evaluation occurs once the token moves half a square away)
    That is correct - as I explained to you in the other thread. Aura gets hammered by onMoves and the code I referenced in that math thread makes sure it only processes every 1/2 grid unit - as designed. Also I have a new version to keep it from confusing tokens on multiple maps in CT waiting on bmos to drop it out there.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    That is correct - as I explained to you in the other thread. Aura gets hammered by onMoves and the code I referenced in that math thread makes sure it only processes every 1/2 grid unit - as designed. Also I have a new version to keep it from confusing tokens on multiple maps in CT waiting on bmos to drop it out there.
    Ah - somehow I missed that post in between Moon's post and my response. So you sped it up, but broke the integration between the two extensions... Maybe we can add something to Aura Effects that gets called when the height changes (or registers for the a change or even onWheel) instead of depending upon the underlying move.

Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Ah - somehow I missed that post in between Moon's post and my response. So you sped it up, but broke the integration between the two extensions... Maybe we can add something to Aura Effects that gets called when the height changes (or registers for the a change or even onWheel) instead of depending upon the underlying move.
    Get with me on discord then as its less cumbersome than here for texting.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'm having an issue where when one of my players attempts to apply the Hex disadvantage condition to a creature, I'm getting an error popping up in the console. I have narrowed it down to something about the Aura of Protection that is being adding when the PC is added to the CT. If the Aura is active on the PCs effect list in the CT, and the Hex condition is applied I get the error. If I then remove the Aura of Protection, and apply the Hex condition, it works as intended.

Basically, if the Aura is active on the player, before the Hex is added to the creature, then I get the error.

This is the stacktrace of the error:

Code:
    [12/23/2022 3:32:58 PM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:578: getValue: Invalid parameter 1
    stack traceback:
    	[C]: in function 'getValue'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:578: in function 'isGMEffect'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:677: in function 'addEffect'
    	[string "Exhausted:..ts/manager_effect_exhausted.lua"]:285: in function 'addEffect'
    	[string "..erCombatEffectsGold:..ager_effect_bce.lua"]:260: in function 'addEffect'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:310: in function 'fHandler'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:30: in function <[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_oob.lua"]:22>
    	[C]: in function 'deliverOOBMessage'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:341: in function 'notifyApply'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:132: in function 'fResult'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:632: in function 'fORA'
    	[string "RequestedRolls:..ipts/rr_manager_staged.lua"]:65: in function 'resolveAction'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:607: in function 'handleResolution'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:566: in function 'fRollOriginal'
    	[string "RequestedRolls:..ipts/rr_manager_action.lua"]:156: in function 'roll'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:424: in function 'applyModifiersAndRoll'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:400: in function 'actionRoll'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:167: in function 'actionDrop'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_combat_drop.lua"]:156: in function 'handleActionDropEvent'
    	[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_combat_drop.lua"]:90: in function <[string "CoreRPG:scripts/manager_combat_drop.lua"]:70>
    	(tail call): ?

Thread Information