5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 91 of 113 First ... 41818990919293101 ... Last
    I can't seem to find any effects strings for Aura of Life.

So far I have:

Code:
    Aura of Life; AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Life; RESIST: necrotic; IF(WOUNDS = 1) HEAL 1;
    I'm sure that isn't correct, and the effect of not being able to have the character's MAX HP be reduced is eluding me.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ZelieDad; December 19th, 2022 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post

So far I have:

Code:
    Aura of Life; AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Life; RESIST: necrotic; IF(WOUNDS = 1) HEAL 1;
    I'm not that isn't correct, and the effect of not being able to have the character's MAX HP be reduced is eluding me.

Any suggestions?
    The syntax of the "IF" usually requires "IF:".
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post

So far I have:

Code:
    I'm sure that isn't correct, and the effect of not being able to have the character's MAX HP be reduced is eluding me.

Any suggestions?
    I think this will work out? It won't do the "non-hostile" part

Code:
    Aura of Life; AURA: 30 friend; Aura of Life; RESIST: necrotic; IF: DYING; REGEN: 1;
    or maybe

Code:
    Aura of Life; AURA: 30 all; Aura of Life; IF: FACTION(!foe); RESIST: necrotic; IF: DYING; REGEN: 1;
    I haven't tried either of those.

Thanks. I'll give them a shot.

What about the "...and its hit point maximum can't be reduced."? Is that even possible?
    Last edited by ZelieDad; December 19th, 2022 at 17:43.

Is it possible to code Aura to use Faction(notself) and ignore NPC with a CUSTOM(TAG)
    I have a PC with the ability to detect all living creature within 60' that have a INT higher than 3, I am the GM and typically always forget to notify the Player when his PC gets within range of a NPC. I do not see where AURA can IFT a STAT so I thought putting a custom tag like "MINDLESS" on the NPC with a 3 or lower would solve the problem.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Hi all. In our collective effort to automate Spirit Guardians I've been toying with the On-Enter save (unless I'm missing one, the other posts are addressing the On-Starting-Within-Aura effect).

Game System: D&D 5E
    Spell: Guardian Spirits
    "An affected creature's speed is halved in the area, and when the creature enters the area for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, it must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 radiant damage (if you are good or neutral) or 3d8 necrotic damage (if you are evil). On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage."

Maybe this is too ambitious, but this is what I'm trying...

Aura for starting within the aura (as expected, this works just fine):
    SpiritGuardians_StartTurn; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; SAVES: 8, [PRF], [WIS] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; Speed-15; (C)

Now, for the AURA OnEntering here's what I've been trying...

Attempt 1-ish:
    This effect is applied to [SELF] on the caster:

SpiritGuardiansEntered; AURA: 15 foe; SpiritGuardiansEntered; SAVEA:8, [WIS], [PRF] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)

Confusion point 1: This applies the roll to the caster too (when first applied). Adding IF:CUSTOM(notself); will stop this from happening (cool). If the notself is not included, the save is forced on the caster and then the SAVEA is removed from the effect string (meaning it is not subsequently applied to the enemies - kinda makes sense). However, with the notself, the initial save is not forced on the caster (good). But, the FROMAURA doesn't force the SAVEA anyway (not sure why). I assume, the removal of SAVEA after the first such use would mean this also fails for multiple targets, but that's a phase 2 of testing concern, haha.

Attempt 2-ish:
    My second-ish attempt involved applying a second effect. The caster received the following alternate on [SELF]:

SpiritGuardiansEntered; AURA: 15 foe; SpiritGuardiansEntered; IF:CUSTOM(notself); IF:CUSTOM(!OnEnterApplied); SAVEA:8, [WIS], [PRF] WIS (M) (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; SAVEADD: OnEnterApplied; SAVEADDP: OnEnterApplied; (C)

The other is applied based on the saving throw (set to 1 round, hidden):
    OnEnterApplied; STURNRS

Now, obviously, the fact I can't get the initial SAVEA to trigger makes the follow-up moot. However, when performing tests on the components. the IF:CUSTOM(!OnEnterApplied); works to stop the saving throw from occurring. The goal (obviously) is to get the FROMAURA to do the SAVEA test (if the OnEnterApplied is missing). This seems like it should apply the On Enter saving throw once per round. (Meaning the cleric can't move away and back several times triggering the save, which isn't the intent of the spell, as I read it.)
    Last edited by estrolof; December 19th, 2022 at 19:39. Reason: phrasing, typo

I suppose I'd give this a try (but I find AURA/BCEG and effects in general are a trial and error attempt - not tried this myself)...

Spirit Guardians BADNESS; AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: 14 DEX (H); SAVES: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant

Spirit Guardians GOODNESS; IFT: FACTION(!foe); AURA: 15 all; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: 14 DEX (H) ; SAVES: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic

Can give it a try if you like. May fail - not sure.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 19th, 2022 at 20:23.

Corrected post and tested - works "I think".

Thanks for taking a look, SilentRuin; I really appreciate the sanity check.

Spirit Guardians GOODNESS; IFT: FACTION(!foe); AURA: 15 all; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEA: 14 DEX (H) ; SAVES: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic

You're right, those work. It does accomplish part of the goal:
    (A) Force a save on a target entering the aura (but not on the caster) - a victory
    (B) Apply the At Start of Turn saving throw on anyone who begins their turn in the aura (but not on the caster) - a second victory

I'm still puzzling out the "How to block the ON ENTER AURA save" for individuals who enter the aura more than once in the same round - which, as I read it, they're only subject to 'on enter' once per round (making a max of 2 forced saves: 1 for first entry into aura, and 1 for starting turn in aura). The caster shouldn't be able to do a series of 5-foot steps to force the save over and over in the same round vs the same target. While chasing an enemy who leaves the aura in subsequent turns would force a new On Enter save. Thus...

Follow-up question: Do AURA effects (and FROMAURA for that matter) look for and/or see IF:CUSTOM() or IFT:CUSTOM() tags?

If they don't, then that explains everything, I think. What I tried so far, is adding IFT: CUSTOM (!OnEnterApplied); to the effect string before the AURA: N faction; tag, but this doesn't appear to test for the custom tag. Instead, it breaks it. Then, I tried adding it after IF:FACTION(notself); too. In this case, it applies the FROMAURA as expected; however, neither the SAVEA or SAVES trigger. I've tried both IFT:CUSTOM and IF:CUSTOM, doesn't seem to matter.

How to apply the custom tag (OnEnterApplied) for that test would be the last step. That could be manually applied by the GM or Player. Or using SAVEADD: and SAVEADDP: - though, these vanish once they leave the aura, as they're applied by the FROMAURA...so, that's not really a solution either.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Thanks for taking a look, SilentRuin; I really appreciate the sanity check.

You're right, those work. It does accomplish part of the goal:
    (A) Force a save on a target entering the aura (but not on the caster) - a victory
    (B) Apply the At Start of Turn saving throw on anyone who begins their turn in the aura (but not on the caster) - a second victory

I'm still puzzling out the "How to block the ON ENTER AURA save" for individuals who enter the aura more than once in the same round - which, as I read it, they're only subject to 'on enter' once per round (making a max of 2 forced saves: 1 for first entry into aura, and 1 for starting turn in aura). The caster shouldn't be able to do a series of 5-foot steps to force the save over and over in the same round vs the same target. While chasing an enemy who leaves the aura in subsequent turns would force a new On Enter save. Thus...

Follow-up question: Do AURA effects (and FROMAURA for that matter) look for and/or see IF:CUSTOM() or IFT:CUSTOM() tags?

If they don't, then that explains everything, I think. What I tried so far, is adding IFT: CUSTOM (!OnEnterApplied); to the effect string before the AURA: N faction; tag, but this doesn't appear to test for the custom tag. Instead, it breaks it. Then, I tried adding it after IF:FACTION(notself); too. In this case, it applies the FROMAURA as expected; however, neither the SAVEA or SAVES trigger. I've tried both IFT:CUSTOM and IF:CUSTOM, doesn't seem to matter.

How to apply the custom tag (OnEnterApplied) for that test would be the last step. That could be manually applied by the GM or Player. Or using SAVEADD: and SAVEADDP: - though, these vanish once they leave the aura, as they're applied by the FROMAURA...so, that's not really a solution either.
    Best I can tell you is to experiment around. For auras per the lastest hot fix (still waiting on next hotfix to fix correct source on FROMAURA's so that you see the "Applied from..." and have BCEG's source stuff work with them (my version does it but not sure when/if Bmos will get those in). Basically I use the following to deal with effects...

The text description in AURA on forge.

This recent post.

FGU effects rules

And the rules that come in the Readme pdf for BCEG extension.

Thread Information