STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 112 First ... 78910111959109 ... Last
    Thank you, Zacchaeus. Very helpful.

I quite like the idea of "flagging" the enemies using AURA, as a reminder to the PCs to strike (melee) with ADV. It seems to be the most elegant (i.e. simple) solution.

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking...

EFFECT 1 (Barbarian): If the Barbarian is in RAGE, then apply the AURA to "tag" the enemies as "spooked" (assuming they are within 5' of the Barbarian).

EFFECT 2 (Other Party Members): IFT: CUSTOM(spooked); ADVATK: melee

I feel like that should work, but I can't get the AURA to trigger only when the Barbarian is in RAGE. I tried AURA: 5 foe; IF: Rage; Spooked, but it just triggers every time.

Edited to add: I also tried AURA: 5 foe; IF: CUSTOM(Rage); Spooked, same result.

What's the correct syntax for the IF conditional with the AURA?
    Last edited by EliForge; July 12th, 2020 at 00:37.

The IF: CUSTOM(Rage) is looking for Rage as an effect on the Barbarian. So you’ll need an effect of Rage placed on it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

TEST 1:
    Barbarian does not have Rage Effect.
    Expectation: AURA does not tag foes as Spooked.

TEST 2:
    Barbarian enables Rage Effect.
    Expectation: AURA tags foes as Spooked.

But I never get past TEST 1, as the AURA is tagging all foes with the FROMAURA effect.

kentmccullough, if you are out there, would love a bit of guidance. Are there limitations on the IF statement with the AURA effect?

Or (more likely), how am I coding this incorrectly?

So... Here's what I put in place, and it works! If there's a better way of doing this, please share!!

BARBARIAN: Add additional Effect to Rage - AURA: 5 foe; Spooked
    PARTY MEMBERS: Add Effect - Spooked Target; IFT: CUSTOM(FROMAURA:spooked); ADVATK: melee

Hi Eliforge, if the coding is working, please keep it or wrote it on Discord in KentMcCallough-stuff-outsource (RobTwohy channel).
    Once Kent will complete the aura effect extension (as of know it is a beta version), this coding could be applied on Rob Twohy coding package (spell, class traits, racial realtà and so on).
    Thanks again for you coding work!

Don’t have the FROMAURA part in the custom. The : will mess it up.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

@kentmccullough, if I remove the "FROMAURA:" string, it doesn't work anymore. The Effect does not seem to recognize that Spooked is the same as FROMAURA:spooked.

I do believe the custom tags are case sensitive, but I’m not sure if there’s a great way to get this specific trait automated well as of yet.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Thread Information