DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 88 of 113 First ... 3878868788899098 ... Last
    Hey guys, I am trying to get the coding for spirit guardians to work (note I am using Better Combat Effects Gold with Aura Effects)

AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved

The issue is that the coding applies the effect to everyone in the "foe" however it doesn't do the Save or the dmg, While writing this I just now tried and have found a work around to change IF: FACTION(foe) to (notself).

I am curious if anyone knows the reason it isn't working like it use to?

Quote Originally Posted by Genthrock View Post
    Hey guys, I am trying to get the coding for spirit guardians to work (note I am using Better Combat Effects Gold with Aura Effects)

AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved

The issue is that the coding applies the effect to everyone in the "foe" however it doesn't do the Save or the dmg, While writing this I just now tried and have found a work around to change IF: FACTION(foe) to (notself).

I am curious if anyone knows the reason it isn't working like it use to?
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: 17 WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved

Quote Originally Posted by Genthrock View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; SAVES: 17 WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved
    You have to put the (C) at the end or it will not work right.
    Not sure about your main question though, maybe rhagelstrom has solved it by removing the FACTION check? I would have assumed notself is the correct way.

when i use that code it also triggers on the caster themselves. Any way to avoid that?

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonDerLord View Post
    when i use that code it also triggers on the caster themselves. Any way to avoid that?
    Code:
    Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: 17 WIS (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement Halved
    The AURA tag specifies is who the aura is applied. The IF: FACTION conditional specifies who the following nonsense actually does anything on. Personally the only conditional code I ever use is IF: FACTION(notself) to filter off if you want the aura to affect the source or not.
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; December 14th, 2022 at 15:31.

Good Day All
    I am curious if there is a place that all the auras that have been coded have been consolidated? This thread has gotten so long it is difficult to find everything that has been found to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day All
    I am curious if there is a place that all the auras that have been coded have been consolidated? This thread has gotten so long it is difficult to find everything that has been found to work.

Thanks
    There are a few. Here is the 5E one.https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...highlight=Aura

Is supporting a condition before AURA is processed to difficult code wise? I'm told this has been asked before but I'd really like to have AURAs disappear under certain conditions. For example, if this mine explodes and is replaced by a crater with Death Indicators I'd like it to stop triggering the AURA effect in things that get close with a BCEG effect.

Fragmentation Mine; IF: !DYING; AURA: 15 foe; Fragmentation Mine; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEE: 14 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 kinetic

Same for PCs/NPCs that generate an AURA and drop dead (stop doing it).

I would think you must already be parsing and tossing the string before AURA out the door or something - but it seems it should actually be processed first and the AURA string be treated as a completely different operation (only after the normal EFFECT processing occurs first - then check for AURA in that result).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Good Day All
    I am trying to create a Cloudkill aura, here is what I am going to try. If there is a better way I would love to know.
    First I created an NPC named Cloudkill (Casters Name) so I can adjust the save since I cannot use BCEG [SDC] as it is not connected to the character. Using the Advanced Effects extension I added the following effects:

Cloudkill; AURA: 20; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVES: 15 CON (H); SAVEDMG: 5d8 poison

as well as placing a Darkness token on the NPC to simulate the "Heavily obscured" effect.

When placing the NPC in the combat tracker it seems to work well in my DM testing. I was wondering if there is a way to actually link it to the character so the saves auto adjust or is it something I will need to make an individual NPC for any caster that uses this spell?

Thanks

Thread Information