STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 112 First ... 6789101858108 ... Last
    Make sense, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is a known issue with negative modifiers in FGU. Not sure if it's this or not. If I remember correctly, it was revealed with a -1d4 effect for Bane. Not sure though.
    LordEntrails I meant to ask you before but forgot until now -- has there been any resolution in FGU about this? (I'm hoping to give a PC a minor defensive benefit where any enemies that step into his aura have their attacks hindered, so a -1 or -2 would be great. But if negative modifiers don't work, I feel full DISADV is too strong...)

I saw that some noted this works in FGU, however I have to say I'm having some trouble with this and I'd really like to use it in conjunction with the Ongoing Effects extension that I just purchased. I disabled everything but Aura Effects and Ongoing Save Effects, everything is at the latest version as of today.

The behavior is very strange. If open a new map, place down the PC that has the AURA defined, place PCs that should receive the AURA, move all the tokens in and out of range, it doesn't work. If I leave all the tokens on the map, restart FGU... it works for all existing tokens. If I add another friendly PC... doesn't work for just the newly added PC.

I assume this is just an FGU compatibility issue? Anyone seen this behavior before have any ideas?

I have not noticed that, I'll try and take a look and track down what's going on with that. Thanks for the info.

You may try closing/unsharing the map and then re-opening and re-sharing instead of completely restarting FGU? No clue if that'll work, but it might save you some time.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

I found this didn't work in FGU. My experience was that it seemed to work fine on the server (DM) side but on the client (player) side, it did not work at all.

Blog Entries
    @kentmccullough,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Complete neophyte to coding, hoping this is a simple answer for you all.

I can see, conceptually, how the AURA effect is applicable for Totem Spirit (Wolf). But I can't get all the way there...

What is the code for this particular effect? If the "foe" is within 5 ft of my Raging Barbarian, then my "friends" get ADVATK. Is this two separate effects? A single effect?

I can set it up as AURA: 5 foe; Totem Spirit (Wolf); GRANTADVATK; [SELF], but if possible, I'd like to set it up as conditional (friends get ADVATK and depends on RAGE), so that I can leave it always on (similar to Kent's "Improved Sneak Attack".
    Last edited by EliForge; July 11th, 2020 at 08:45.

HI Elforge, welcome to FG.

I think you are going to struggle to automate the wolf Totem Spirit. As it stands your effect as noted above will grant advantage to anyone attacking the target including the Barbarian and anyone that makes a ranged attack - neither of which is allowed by the ability. In order to automate it you would need to apply the GRANTADVATK to the enemy and then use the targeting reticule to pull the effect from the enemy onto each ally within melee range. I think it would be easier to just place a reminder onto the target and have the attacking player(s) use the ADV button when making their attacks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Can't you just go on the raging character and set "IF: RAGE; IFT: CUSTOM (Totem spirit wolf) or something like that? that way the IF/IFT conditional needs to be true in both cases for the effect to trigger
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; July 11th, 2020 at 12:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Can't you just go on the raging character and set "IF: RAGE; IFT: CUSTOM (Totem spirit wolf) or something like that? that way the IF/IFT conditional needs to be true in both cases for the effect to trigger
    The problem isn't getting the GRANTADVATK onto the target the problem is refining those that get the advantage. Only allies using melee attacks get the advantage so you can't just plonk the effect on the target. It needs to be what is called a targetted effect and that needs to be specifically allowed for only those allies that do melee attacks. GRANTADVATK on it's own will give every character advantage on the attack including the Barbarian and anyone using a ranged attack
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information